Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Which airlines offer cheaper tickets at the airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2022, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Whenever I fly the ultra low cost carriers Spirit or Frontier, I always buy at the airport because tickets are $38/person cheaper roundtrip.
I am currently looking at flying out of an airport that isn’t my usual on Allegiant. I’m just wondering if it’s worth the further drive to purchase my tickets in person. I couldn’t get a straight answer online if this was possible and for how much.

On this same note, I thought it would be helpful to have a running list of airlines that do this. I couldn’t find a comprehensive list anywhere through the search feature.

PS- I hope I’m doing this correctly. I’m new to the forum and think I’ve read all of the rules correctly.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:22 pm

Is it cheaper when we buy the ticket from the airport? Does this apply to all airlines in general?
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
It's cheaper to buy LCC tickets at the airport but not worth driving out of the way. If you are already at the airport then it's a good deal. Allegiant usually has discount codes on social media which is better than driving to the airport. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.