Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

What's happened to expert flyer?

Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM

I have remained a paying customer to support expert flyer in these last two years and now, finally, I need to research a trip. And their information is totally and utterly wrong. They have Cathay flying several times a day to Seoul (it's currently flying two flights a MONTH) - so what else is wrong? Anyone else with experience in the current situation in Asia commnt on whether the rest of their information is worth using?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:50 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:44 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by fairhsa
I have remained a paying customer to support expert flyer in these last two years and now, finally, I need to research a trip. And their information is totally and utterly wrong. They have Cathay flying several times a day to Seoul (it's currently flying two flights a MONTH) - so what else is wrong? Anyone else with experience in the current situation in Asia commnt on whether the rest of their information is worth using?
As we told you over email, airlines can "cancel" flights by zeroing out the fare class inventory before they are removed from the schedule, which isn't updated as often.

That aside, this isn't "our data", it isn't wrong, and nothing "happened" to ExpertFlyer. As has always been the case, we show exactly what is published in the reservation systems, the same systems travel agents use. If you want we can post a screen shot directly from those systems if you give us a specific flight/airline/date so you can see we're not making data up.
Adam1222, Guvner067 and nexusCFX like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.