Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Finnair baggage allowance and lounge on codeshare flights

Finnair baggage allowance and lounge on codeshare flights

Old Mar 6, 22, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Question Finnair baggage allowance and lounge on codeshare flights

Hi all,

I have a flight from Melbourne, AU to London Heathrow soon, with the first leg from MEL to Singapore on Jetstar. Our Finnair tickets say 2 x 32kg in line with the baggage allowance, but I was wondering if this allowance still stands on Jetstar? I've struggled to get any information from Jetstar on this, so wondering if anyone has any experience with Finnair and codeshare flights that could share their experience?

In addition, I was wondering if our Finnair tickets allow any lounge access in Melbourne despite the flight being on Jetstar which does not allow any lounge access if booked directly through them? Perhaps another oneworld lounge?

Thanks all!
Old Mar 7, 22, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Did you book this as one single ticket from MEL to LHR? If you have two separate tickets, one JetStar and one Finnair then each ticket will govern luggage allowances, if one ticket then I believe the most significant carrier amounts (ie AY) will apply.

On what basis did you expect to access lounges (status, business class, etc) and at what airports?
Old Mar 7, 22, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

It's all on one single ticket booked with AY, so hoping the AY baggage applies for all legs!

Lounge access based on Business class fare, unfortunately I don't have any OW status! Finnair website mentions partner lounges, but I've seen mentions of other OW lounges when travelling in business?
Old Mar 7, 22, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I don't think you'll have access in MEL, but should be OK beyond that. I am not familiar with JetStar policies.

See here:

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=SIN
Old Mar 7, 22, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Yeah I'm not expecting much from Jetstar.....

So essentially all of the OW lounges in SIN will be available to access (provided they are not closed...)?
Old Apr 3, 22, 2:20 am
a_k

Programs: AY
I have a long-haul QF flight marketed by AY, followed by an AY long-haul (same ticket), where the AY flight is the most significant route/carrier. Right now only AY Silver, so get an extra bag only for AY and not OW flights. But, since the AY leg is the "most significant", the second bag should also be free all the way through, starting with the QF flight, correct?

Search this Thread