Airline Wifi companies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Wifi companies

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2022, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Airline Wifi companies

Trying to use up my Ritz card airline credits and seems I can do this purchasing monthly or even longer term subscription to do this. But with all the changes and lack of consistency for providers, I'm trying to figure out what would work best.

I'm typically a 90% AA flyer but this year and in future expect to spread it around more. I can still be EXP just by spending more on credit cards if I want to be. But AA is the least consistent as far as providers of wifi. My typical route I do 20-40 times a year is SBA to SLC through PHX. Typical aircraft are the old A319s/A320s inherited from US Airways, the occasional 737 thrown in although very rare last two years. And of course the CR7 and CR9s aplenty. The latter seems to be adding wifi more and more, I think Gogo? I think the older airbus' are Gogo as well and the 737 is usually Viasat. Rare for me to be on an AA flight with Panasonic, just see it on the 2 long hauls a year(precovid).

I believe and correct me if wrong that the Viasat craft allow a gogo subscription, though, correct? Wouldn't take my free Amex card account but a paid account I think.

Delta I fly on occasion, so that's either the new Gogo or old Gogo, correct?
United airlines-I'm not sure about them-is there fleet consistent on product?
Alaska-generally E175s but occasional mainline jets. I think they are Gogo as well across the board?

I was originally thinking Gogo based on what I know but not too sure about the non AA carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.