Wiki Posts
Search

15k taxes to IRS this quarter

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

15k taxes to IRS this quarter

hi,

any thoughts on best two credit cards to sign up for and split the owed taxes this quarter?

I have excellent credit score and plan to pay it off right away.

thanks
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:02 am
Original Poster

apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum group
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by homer77
hi,

any thoughts on best two credit cards to sign up for and split the owed taxes this quarter?

thanks
What do you value most value? Airline miles? Hotel points? Cash back? How often do you travel by air? Do you already have cards that provide airport lounge access? Trip delay/cancellation insurance? Are those things important to you?

Which cards do you already hold?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by homer77
hi,

thanks
Have you taken the 3+/- surcharges that the credit card processors add to the tax bill into consideration?
JPG3392 likes this.

Last edited by SCEflyer; Jan 4, 2022 at 6:59 am Reason: Punct....
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:16 am

You have many questions to answer for yourself:
  • COST- You will pay ~$300 to charge $15K, plus if you are getting new cards with annual fees, you will be committing to pay them
  • TIMING - If getting new cards, you will have to turn this around quickly to get approved and use the card by 15Jan. Chase and some others will let you charge online without the physical card in hand so this could be an option
  • USEFULNESS- As for the "best card", the best will be the one which provides the most useful benefits to you. No one here can answer that question. If you have something specific in mind... you already have committed points in certain programs...only you can assess that. If you don't yet have ideas or commitments, it is perhaps appropriate to review Chase UR, Amex MR, and Citi TYP cards to see if banking transferable points is a good way to go.
There is quite a number of valuable threads in the Credit Card forum and under the various hotel and air forums to give you views and ideas. Check them out.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by xooz
You have many questions to answer for yourself.
  • TIMING - If getting new cards, you will have to turn this around quickly to get approved and use the card by 15Jan. Chase and some others will let you charge online without the physical card in hand so this could be an option
It's not clear to me whether the taxes the OP needs to pay are employer withholding taxes (which are not due until April), or estimated taxes, which are due this year on January 18. (January 15 and 16 fall on a weekend this year, and January 17 is a Federal holiday.)
xooz likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
It's not clear to me whether the taxes the OP needs to pay are employer withholding taxes (which are not due until April), or estimated taxes, which are due this year on January 18. (January 15 and 16 fall on a weekend this year, and January 17 is a Federal holiday.)
I did assume OP was talking about estimated personal tax payments due (as you note) 18Jan. I do think that a quick decision and card application is a good idea, since one is subject to unexpected approval delays occasionally as well as delay in getting card in hand. Usually they will overnight the card if requested though.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:03 pm

Chase sapphire biz requires $15,000 for a 100,000 point bonus. $95 annual fee not waived.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:10 pm

Chase sapphire biz requires $15,000 for a 100,000 point bonus. $95 annual fee not waived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.