Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Is Danbury Airport (DXR) a busy airport? Many flights? Noise impact on nearby towns?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Danbury Airport (DXR) a busy airport? Many flights? Noise impact on nearby towns?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2021, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Good evening all — I’m thinking of buying a house in Wilton Connecticut but when I went by today (Sunday afternoon) there was significant overhead air traffic — or at least what I consider significant to live with full time, affecting my enjoyment of my own backyard. About every 30 mins i heard a private jet or a prop plane overhead. Don’t know anything about the Danbury airport or what flies in and out of there during the day and during the night. Any help on how to track this down fairly quickly would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much in advance!

(Edited to add: It might be Westchester Airport that is the target)
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Can anyone help me read this map?

The house I am considering buying is between New Canaan and Wilton. I’m looking at a Skyvector dot com map at possible flight paths that go over the house but I am not a pilot so don’t know what the map is telling me. Flyer talk won’t let me post the link because I’m not points-worthy, but I’m wondering if a savvy person could look at the map between New Canaan and Wilton and tell me if it indicates the likelihood of hearing landings, approaches and takeoffs to Westchester, Danbury or LaGuardia airports? I heard overhead plane noise on Sunday, but wondered if was occasional or a regular flight path. I am hoping to live in a quiet semi-rural place specifically (yes, I know there are leaf blowers and dogs to think about too!). Thank you!
Old Oct 25, 2021, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by thewrightsisters
The house I am considering buying is between New Canaan and Wilton. I’m looking at a Skyvector dot com map at possible flight paths that go over the house but I am not a pilot so don’t know what the map is telling me. Flyer talk won’t let me post the link because I’m not points-worthy, but I’m wondering if a savvy person could look at the map between New Canaan and Wilton and tell me if it indicates the likelihood of hearing landings, approaches and takeoffs to Westchester, Danbury or LaGuardia airports? I heard overhead plane noise on Sunday, but wondered if was occasional or a regular flight path. I am hoping to live in a quiet semi-rural place specifically (yes, I know there are leaf blowers and dogs to think about too!). Thank you!
First, congratulations on moving to a very beautiful picturesque part of the world. Both towns are lovely and not in any direct flight path. Danbury airport is for small private planes and approaches are not over Wilton or New Canaan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.