UK to BKK

Old Oct 24, 21, 6:00 am
Original Poster

UK to BKK

Hi all,

I'm new to this and my head is frazzled from researching flights.

I'm looking to go to Bangkok in April 2022. Dates can be fairly flexible within that month but want to be there for "Songkran" as I'm meeting up with an old friend.

Can anyone advise on the best flight to take in biz to get tier points. Finnair seems the best option price wise but I'm a total rookie to all of this.

I would like to maximise TP in view of getting Silver status with BA as I will be travelling a lot more over the next two years but also want to keep the cost as low as possible.

I know the Qatar sale is a good option but obviously there is no sale at the moment.

Can anyone recommend any good fares in biz where I will get the TP? The best I can find so far is Finnair circa 1500 rtn but I thought I'd ask the experts.

Happy to fly from anywhere in the UK.

Thanks in advance from a rookie!
Old Oct 24, 21, 6:34 am

Programs: TK Elite
There is plenty of time until April 2022, so just keep your eyes open to sales/promotions until then. I'm confident that there will be several. There is no urgency to purchase a ticket for April 2022 now.

As your questions relate to BA EC, you should have posted in the BA forum for more and better/accurate replies.
Old Oct 24, 21, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
LHR-DOH-BKK will yield more TP than LHR-HEL-BKK would.

Don't forget that BAEC Silver (oneworld Sapphire) requires at least four segments on BA. If achieving that is going to be a problem for you, consider crediting to Iberia instead.

Search this Thread