Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Options to go to UAE from USA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Options to go to UAE from USA

Im trying to look at options that I can get to the UAE from USA.
I have mile points and looking for first class or business class flights. I have points with Etihad and I also have AMEX points.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Insaniak
I'm trying to look at options that I can get to the UAE from USA.
I have mile points and looking for first class or business class flights. I have points with Etihad and I also have AMEX points.
What is "mile points"?
What research have you done yourself on airline ffp's that could get the trip you want? FT is not a travel agency or secret source of award flight availability.
What ffp's are you a member of now? How many ff miles/points?
What airline ffp’s are common transfer partners of your credit cards? (It does vary by the country of credit card issue)
Amex MR Transfer Membership Rewards points to which airline or hotel program?
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

I have 200k or so MR Rewards Points MR and I also have etihad points. Ive done a decent amount of research and have done this before It seems there is virtually no availability for first class flights. Ive checked Etihad and Emirates and no availability and even business class is very hard to find without spending massive amount of points. Ive use awardhacker to try and find different flights but not luck only thing I was able to find was using AA- I can book business class for 140k roundtrip.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All airline world wide are desperate for cash. No incentive for them to offer awards when those pax will pay $$$$ for seats
Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Amex transfers to both EK and EY so that’s definitely going to be your best bet. Surprising that it’s so difficult to find decent award prices though. How far out are you looking to book?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmd320
Amex transfers to both EK and EY so that’s definitely going to be your best bet. Surprising that it’s so difficult to find decent award prices though. How far out are you looking to book?
Booking out to beginning of december. Emirates has NO first class and Etihad first class there is no saver options.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booking out to beginning of december. Emirates has NO first class and Etihad first class there is no saver options.
If you're looking strictly for F that can be a bit challenging. J shouldn't be too hard to find though.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmd320
If you're looking strictly for F that can be a bit challenging. J shouldn't be too hard to find though.
J is easy enough to find but im Looking for F only, I Wonder if its because of Covid and if I should wait until next year?
Old Aug 12, 2021, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

J is easy enough to find but im Looking for F only, I Wonder if its because of Covid and if I should wait until next year?
Part of the problem is many of the aircraft with larger F cabins (particularly the A380s) are still out of service. Hopefully as more of those come back online more F availability will also open up. You’ll generally have better luck booking F awards as far out as possible or much closer in near departure as the seats go unsold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.