Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Need some advice on which mileage program to stick with

Old Jan 6, 2021, 5:25 am
Original Poster

I am trying to find a milage program to settle on since I moved bases around last year. I used to fly to Canada often on AC and ANA but my college is now in the USA, so I will be flying UA and ANA more often. Every year, I will fly between Chicago and Tokyo twice since my permanent home is in Japan. I also fly within US 2/3 times a year, which will be United flights. I am not quite sure if I should stick with Aeroplan since I will barely fly any AC flights from now on. If I were to leave Aeroplan, am also not quite sure if I should use Milage Plus or ANA Mileage Club. ANA has better service so I will be using their flight most of the time. I would also appreciate some advice on which program I can earn Star Alliance status faster with. As a sidenote, I am also earning AMEX MR points when booking flights. Thank you very much.

Here are some stats across my programs:

Air Canada Aeroplan:
Miles: 44,053 pts, Lifetime miles: 25,967
United Mileage Plus:
Miles: 2050, Lifetime miles: 0
ANA Mileage Club:
Miles: 0, Lifetime miles: 13,474
Old Jan 6, 2021, 5:43 am
Suspended

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the questionaire here:

Need advice on which *A FF scheme to join? - please post here

I would advise you to post your answers to those questions. Based on those, people can likely help you better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.