Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Real ID I am wearing glasses in picture

Old Nov 16, 20, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

But I dont wear glasses now after my Lasik surgery. I dont want to go to the DMV to change this at this time.

Yes I see my passport does not have me in glasses because you are not allowed to wear them in passports, is my memory.

So if I am using a Real ID to board a domestic plane and on my Real ID I am wearing glasses but I am not wearing them in person, is there an issue?
Old Nov 16, 20, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Lots of people got Lasik since their surgery and even more wear contact lenses even though they have glasses in the photo.

You'll be fine.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Nov 16, 20, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 20, 10:55 pm

I don't think there's an issue with using it for ID for any purpose whether wearing glasses or not, but you may want to check with your DMV on how to remove any corrective lens restriction for actually driving. It seems to vary by state; some have an online process or form for the eye doctor to verify, others you may need to go in to take the DMV vision test. This must be something that comes up a lot -- lots of people have get their vision corrected and now don't have glasses or lenses they can wear, yet the DL says you need to while driving.
Old Nov 18, 20, 6:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by randys1 View Post
But I dont wear glasses now after my Lasik surgery. I dont want to go to the DMV to change this at this time.

Yes I see my passport does not have me in glasses because you are not allowed to wear them in passports, is my memory.

So if I am using a Real ID to board a domestic plane and on my Real ID I am wearing glasses but I am not wearing them in person, is there an issue?
Not a problem. You are you, with or without prescription (or any other) eye glasses on your face in person and/or on your DMV-issued ID.
Old Nov 18, 20, 12:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
A complete non-issue.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: