FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Information Desk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/)
-   -   Easy way to find hotels with Tennis Court (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk/2024784-easy-way-find-hotels-tennis-court.html)

Pookynubbers Sep 9, 2020 12:23 pm

Easy way to find hotels with Tennis Court

I’m trying to get a vacation away from cold weather. And since we’re all virtual - I’d like to find a Hyatt or IHG that has a tennis court. I’m sure there are few but I wasn’t sure if there was a list or something instead of searching each individual hotel website.

thanks!

Need Sep 12, 2020 11:59 am

I would try filtering on amenities Tennis Court. If that's not available, try Golf. Usually if the hotel has golf course, it has some tennis courts too. Just off the top of my head, I think Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa has a lot of tennis courts and is sunny and warm.

MSPeconomist Oct 25, 2020 5:24 am

You could also start from resorts located in warm weather regions. For Hyatts in the USA, I'd guess GH Tampa and GH Manchester San Diego, Andaz Scottsdale, HR Scottsdale at Gainey Ranch, etc. to name a few where I've stayed. Do you care about the number of tennis courts or want a tennis pro/instructor too? Within Hyatt, what about some of the Residence/vacation club/timeshare properties such as Sedona?

BTW, the Hyatt at the Bellevue in downtown Philadelphia has direct access to a top health club, IIRC with indoor tennis courts. The same is true for PH Tokyo and I suspect might also work at the Chicago Athletic Club hotel (currently closed???), HR Minneapolis and Centric (former Grand/Minneapolis Athletic Club) in Minneapolis. In addition, the concierge at higher tier hotels should be able to arrange access to off-property tennis courts.

econ Oct 31, 2020 1:39 am

Don't know of a comprehensive list. GH Denver & PH Melbourne are two Hyatts that come to mind that have tennis courts. Google of course yields some additional results.

ATLMichael Oct 31, 2020 11:59 pm

You'll find a few of them on the "Work from Hyatt" page...go under Hyatt Offers to find it.

Here's a few that I have from personal experience. Do check with the front desk if the facilities are open, etc. due to covid-19.

Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa - San Diego, CA
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress - Orlando, FL
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa - Palm Springs, CA
Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course - Monterey, CA

INTL:

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - Nassau, Bahamas

Some Destination Properties, such as The Lodge at Kukuiula - Koloa, HI, Wild Dunes Resort (South Carolina), etc.

I primarily stick to Park Hyatts and Hyatt Regency when I travel so have not been to the newer Destination Properties. Hope this helps a bit!