Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Travel say Sabre hasn't updated IATA airport code for Nur-Sultan, NQZ (was TSE)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Travel say Sabre hasn't updated IATA airport code for Nur-Sultan, NQZ (was TSE)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2020, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold

I'm an Amex member and I'm trying to use their Amex Travel service to place a flight booking to Nur-Sultan (formerly Astana), Kazakhstan. The IATA code for Nur-Sultan airport changed from TSE to NQZ on 8th June 2020. When Amex Travel check their system (which they say is Sabre) they still see TSE when looking up Nur-Sultan airport. As a result, when they search for flights (even flights which I've verified exist and have fares available using other websites such as airline websites, ITA Matrix, expedia.com, etc) they see no flights existing.

It's a long shot, but has anyone experienced this problem (either with Nur-Sultan or another airport that changed IATA code at some point in the past)? Or even better, does anyone have access to Sabre to be able to confirm the problem is with Sabre and not some airport database that Amex Travel use on top of the Sabre platform?
Old Aug 14, 2020, 2:59 pm

Via direct access to the Sabre command line (or Amadeus, not sure about other GDSes), there is no input validation of airport codes. You can plug in pretty much whatever IATA code you want and the system will just return whatever flights match. It's almost certainly a problem with their local airports database not being updated.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold
allthem Thanks for confirming!
Old Mar 13, 2021, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by itfcfan
I'm an Amex member and I'm trying to use their Amex Travel service to place a flight booking to Nur-Sultan (formerly Astana), Kazakhstan. The IATA code for Nur-Sultan airport changed from TSE to NQZ on 8th June 2020. When Amex Travel check their system (which they say is Sabre) they still see TSE when looking up Nur-Sultan airport. As a result, when they search for flights (even flights which I've verified exist and have fares available using other websites such as airline websites, ITA Matrix, expedia.com, etc) they see no flights existing.

It's a long shot, but has anyone experienced this problem (either with Nur-Sultan or another airport that changed IATA code at some point in the past)? Or even better, does anyone have access to Sabre to be able to confirm the problem is with Sabre and not some airport database that Amex Travel use on top of the Sabre platform?
thanks. I needed to know that. No idea why they allow code changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.