Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Miles stash up to 4M, nowhere to go! What are you up to?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2020, 6:26 am
Original Poster

For the past 8+ yrs, we always traveled as a family of 4, TATL/TPAC, during school breaks, with very inflexible timings, so it made sense to keep the miles total at around 2M for maximum flexibility across different alliances.
This summer we had several trips canceled, one big one for 8 people TATL that was over a million miles right there, and we are not booking far ahead like we used to... so miles are coming back to the accounts, the stash keeps growing, and is now over 4 million across different programs. I'm starting to make speculative bookings for next year, since most can be canceled for free anyway... hoping I won't have to resort to redeeming for Pottery Barn gift cards
Old Jun 21, 2020, 11:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by stevento
For the past 8+ yrs, we always traveled as a family of 4, TATL/TPAC, during school breaks, with very inflexible timings, so it made sense to keep the miles total at around 2M for maximum flexibility across different alliances.
This summer we had several trips canceled, one big one for 8 people TATL that was over a million miles right there, and we are not booking far ahead like we used to... so miles are coming back to the accounts, the stash keeps growing, and is now over 4 million across different programs. I'm starting to make speculative bookings for next year, since most can be canceled for free anyway... hoping I won't have to resort to redeeming for Pottery Barn gift cards
Same boat, although don't have nearly that many miles lying around. Would love to use them on a few TATL/TPACs later this year (especially since I don't have to worry about re-qualification), but ongoing travel restrictions may put a damper on that.

Also have a few speculative trips booked later in the year because it's a nice feeling to have upcoming travel plans, but not entirely confident they will actually happen.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by stevento
I'm in the same situation and sitting on 5.5 M miles/points. I'm going to treat myself to a new iPad Pro using Thank You points. I used TY points for a new Apple watch back in March when my Fitbit died. No other plans for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.