Wiki Posts
Search

Need insight on a business award flight from STL - FRA - VTE - STL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Need insight on a business award flight from STL - FRA - VTE - STL

Happy Sunday!!

If anyone could provide some insight for best mileage use for the following flight, it will be much appreciated!

Trying to fly business class for a single passenger from STL - FRA - VTE - STL, or even BETTER if I could do STL - FRA -VTE - LAX - STL. Looking at the beginning of January if this makes a difference.

What miles would be best to use? I have a variety of miles including AA and AMEX MR mainly.

Thanks so much!
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Did you mean to say VTE (airport in Laos) or VIE?

Assuming VIE, your best bet is going to be with *A miles (which mean AMEX MR to either Aeroplan or ANA) since LH/OS/UA provide the only combination that would allow you to easily to both FRA and VIE on the same ticket (since both LH and OS operate flights between the two).
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Danieller12
If anyone could provide some insight for best mileage use for the following flight, it will be much appreciated!

Trying to fly business class for a single passenger from STL - FRA - VTE - STL, or even BETTER if I could do STL - FRA -VTE - LAX - STL. Looking at the beginning of January if this makes a difference.

What miles would be best to use? I have a variety of miles including AA and AMEX MR mainly.
Trans Atlantic business awards are hard. Being a few weeks out, at a popular time for travel, makes it harder. But less people flying for work with flights paid for by an employer.

So you want to visit both FRA & VIE?
Not many ffp's award now allow stopovers. Most awards are one way. AA awards does not allow stopovers on awards.

If can't find your desired route fly STL-XXX-STL and take a train from one to the other or from any other city you find a business award to.

Are you hoping to stop in LAX for a few days? On 1 award that may be hoping for too much. If separate awards would be OK

Great Circle Mapper

https://www.awardhacker.com/#f=STL&t...=1&c=j&s=1&p=1

Amex MR Transfer Membership Rewards points to which airline or hotel program?

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Dec 8, 2019 at 12:43 pm
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Hello Duke,

I was hoping for VTE actually.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Ahh bummer! Yeah was hoping I could squeeze in some stop overs... and I'm looking for VTE, thank you!
Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
RTW that require crossing both oceans is pretty hard these days on miles unless you book an actual RTW mileage ticket (TPG or other bloggers have the best write-up on those).

You can definitely tack on extra stops with the right program (Aeroplan is a good one, read up on the mini-RTW on the AC forum) and may be able to put together a Europe stop enroute to Asia but you'll have to come back via Europe too but it may be possible (VTE likely a challenge though unless a major airline flies in there).
Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello Duke,
I was hoping for VTE actually.
Ahh bummer! Yeah was hoping I could squeeze in some stop overs... and I'm looking for VTE, thank you!
Definite challenge, even with point to point awards. Would mean many flights through main airports/hubs
To major airport in the region with an award ticket and then a cash ticket to VTE is an option.

Idealistic route, but not possible---> Great Circle Mapper
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wattay...tional_Airport

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/maxim...rsionist-perk/
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Very confusing title. So this has nothing to do with FRA at all. So you want to go from STL to VTE via FRA? I don't think this is possible on a single award, and almost no one allows stopovers anymore. This will cost quite a lot in miles.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
You can book STL - FRA - VTE - STL with stops in FRA and VTE for 260K United miles in business. Just do a multi city search on united.com. With AA miles it is very hard to find availability to smaller cities in Asia, your best bet there is to book one ways STL - FRA, FRA - BKK, BKK - STL and find a cheap BKK - VTE roundtrip to pay with cash.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.