Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Keeping track of cards and rewards bonuses

Old Nov 18, 19, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Ok so I manage accounts for 3 people, myself, wife, and son. I need a better way then my current way of keeping it in my head and only doing 1 card at a time. For example right now we are working on the SW companion pass for my wifes account. She got the business card in october with 80k signup. Her first statement ended on 11/13 so does that mean that I can meet the minimum spend on 12/14 and the bonus will post in January? I also will sign up for the personal card soon. Also need to keep track of my personal and business accounts as well as my sons. Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 19, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Put together a spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel or the free versions floating around.
Old Nov 19, 19, 10:17 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Or even just write things down on paper....
muji likes this.
Old Nov 23, 19, 5:11 pm

Or use a service like awardwallet or Tripit to keep track of points
Old Nov 24, 19, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given the changes at many banks regarding anti-churning measures, I suggest you keep track of everything you can, ie, not just the date you signed up for the card, but also the date of approval if it's not instant, the date the signup bonus posted (since more and more banks are using this as the yardstick for when you can apply again), the date you closed it (if you did), the amount of spend required and by what date (since some people forget the right information and then miss out getting the signup bonus because they mis-remember it and don't realize they did it wrong until too late ), the nominal annual fee, any retention bonuses you got (because there can be a wait period between those too), etc.

If you don't have a spreadsheet program, you can get free software for one from OpenOffice or LibreOffice. And back that spreadsheet up, if in no other way than at least by periodically sending it to yourself on a web-based email account.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: