FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Information Desk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/)
-   -   Istanbul airline and long connection at Istanbul airport (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk/1979829-istanbul-airline-long-connection-istanbul-airport.html)

vnfilm1 Jul 23, 2019 9:05 pm

Istanbul airline and long connection at Istanbul airport

@ Mod:
Can you please correct the tiltle, I mean Turkish airline.
If someone has flew with Turkish airline and has make a connection at Istanbul airport, can you please advise the following:

a) Is it a good airline to choose a long flight with business award class ticket ( SFO - IST- DPS).

b) How istanbul airline services toward to passenger who has mobility problem . And how wheel chair assistance service at Istanbul airport . Does all Istanbul airport personnel speak good English and is there english signs at airport to guide passenger where to go for their connection flight.

c) If I book my award ticket with Turkish ( using United mile), I will have ~ 10 hrs waiting for my connection flight . Will my award ticket give me an complimentary TK lounge access at this airport . If not, is there any transit hotel within security zone. I read online that some passenger who has long connection flight can have a complimentary day hotel , but I am not sure if it is true and will I get a day hotel while waiting for my connection flight.

d) Any interesting to do at airport for a long connection flight.

d) I read online that passenger in transit at istanbul airport, does not need a Istanbul visa, can someone please confirm it.

By the way, I have some presription which I am taking on regular basic, I will bring them with me in my carry on luggage, any problem with my medication ( Cholesterol, Acid reflux, vitamin ect...) if I transit at Istanbul airport.

Please advise and thank you.

Romelle Jul 24, 2019 6:14 am

Originally Posted by vnfilm1 (Post 31335703)
@ Mod:

b) ... . Does all Istanbul airport personnel speak good English and is there english signs at airport to guide passenger where to go for their connection flight.
I only have good English, and have not had any problems with the Istanbul airport signs. "All" airport personnel don't speak good English, but many do. Enough to help as needed.

By the way, I have some prescription which I am taking on regular basic, I will bring them with me in my carry on luggage, any problem with my medication ( Cholesterol, Acid reflux, vitamin ect...) if I transit at Istanbul airport.

I've brought prescription medication through the airport with no problems. It is recommended that one carry them in the original prescription containers, but I just had mine in a little 7-day pill container.

squeakr Jul 31, 2019 4:34 pm

I’m a bit confused why the combination of your questions

If you have mobility issues yet still want to take a day trip into Eastown pool when you arrive there that doesn’t make a lot of sense. If you have such issues that you require wheelchair assistance you may want to stay at the airport either through lounge access for free given us a business class ticket or paying for lounge access to rest and relax there.

SK AAR Aug 2, 2019 3:44 am

You should post your questions in the Turkish Airline forum where you have a much better chance of getting replies than in this (general) forum. Before doing so I suggest that you re-read your post and correct the errors in your post (you mix up Istanbul and Turkish several times, e.g. Istanbul Airline and Istanbul visa).