FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Information Desk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/)
-   -   Air China / Air Canada with connection flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk/1978410-air-china-air-canada-connection-flight.html)

vnfilm1 Jul 16, 2019 6:02 pm

Air China / Air Canada with connection flight

I have some United mile and want to use them for my coming trip . There is only 2 airlines having business award seat for 2 peoples to travel in 1st week of October, 2019. My travel partner has mobility issue and I am not sure which airline is best to choose. My plan is to send our checked bad to final destination . Either Bali or Singapore.
Can someone please give me your inputs about Business class with China Air (SFO - Beijing - Singapore) and Canada Air ( SF0 - YVR- ICN) .

a) Which airline is better in term of flat seat, food, service and handle wheel chair assistance for mobility travel passenger. If I fly with Canada Airline, I will fly in a Dreamliner787-9 and will have a coonection flight at Incheon airport , while China airline ( CA986 and CA975) is Boeing 747 and A330-300 and my connection flight will be at Beijing airport.

b) I read online that Beijing airport is not good for choosing a connection flight. If you have make a connection fly at Beijing airport, can you please share your input .

c) Another question out of this subject, between Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park and JW Marriott, which hotel to choose (for people who has low rank of loyalty with Marriott). Which hotel will have more thai local food rear by.

By the way, we do not speak any Chinese and don't have China Visa to enter China .

Thank you and please advise

Yoshi212 Jul 16, 2019 7:56 pm

I've asked a MOD to consider moving this to the Disability Traveling forum.

I'd have concerns about traveling without a visa, having no Chinese language skills and being with a disabled traveler about transiting in Beijing. It's a very large airport compared to ICN.
The 787-9 AC J seat isn't that bad for mobility impaired movement. There is direct aisle access but movement in and out may require more assistance than other layouts.

deadinabsentia Jul 16, 2019 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by vnfilm1 (Post 31311265)
I have some United mile and want to use them for my coming trip . There is only 2 airlines having business award seat for 2 peoples to travel in 1st week of October, 2019. My travel partner has mobility issue and I am not sure which airline is best to choose. My plan is to send our checked bad to final destination . Either Bali or Singapore.
Can someone please give me your inputs about Business class with China Air (SFO - Beijing - Singapore) and Canada Air ( SF0 - YVR- ICN) .

a) Which airline is better in term of flat seat, food, service and handle wheel chair assistance for mobility travel passenger. If I fly with Canada Airline, I will fly in a Dreamliner787-9 and will have a coonection flight at Incheon airport , while China airline ( CA986 and CA975) is Boeing 747 and A330-300 and my connection flight will be at Beijing airport.

b) I read online that Beijing airport is not good for choosing a connection flight. If you have make a connection fly at Beijing airport, can you please share your input .

c) Another question out of this subject, between Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park and JW Marriott, which hotel to choose (for people who has low rank of loyalty with Marriott). Which hotel will have more thai local food rear by.

By the way, we do not speak any Chinese and don't have China Visa to enter China .

Thank you and please advise

1. You mean Air China, not China Air.. which is Taiwan based and decidedly not Chinese.
2. Beijing is a Sh8thole and is not very mobility friendly, where as Vancouver is and Air Canada will provide you a golf cart to the aircraft.
Seoul Incheon is mobility friendly, though I'm not sure about golf cart.
3. Marriotts are at different end of Sukhumvit. I prefer the one JW, but if you're not a frequent visitor to Bangkok, the proximity to whores and labyboys may be off-putting.
The Queens Park is further up Sukhumvit, and not particularly near anything, but also not far.. 5-10 minute Tuk Tuk.

*Note Sukhumvit is NOT particularly mobility friendly. I would in fact suggest it the opposite.

Le Meridian Plaza Athena might work better. There is some good dining nearby in the nearby Soi's otherwise taxi to where you need to go.

moondog Jul 16, 2019 9:17 pm

While I prefer AC to CA (though the latter is catching up fast), it is worth pointing out that ICN is 3000 miles from SIN and DPS. I'm also not a fan of PEK T3, but CA to CA connections are pretty easy, they do have carts, and it's not hard to find people who speak decent English.