Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

rebooked due to flight time change. Violating MCT?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

My mother and I were booked on an AA award from MCO to PHL to DOH to JRO in September with the last two flights in Qatar business. I received an email that our flight from MCO to PHL time has changed (I assume due to MAX 737 issues) which has now left our domestic to international connection time in PHL at 1 hr and 8 mins. I'm somewhat familiar with the airport and know we will need about 20 minutes walk time after deplaning. We are flying F, but I'm concerned with even a short delay we wont make the connection. The earlier flight to PHL wod give us a 4 hour layover, which is also not ideal. Would you chance it? Does it violate PHL MCT?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The auto-rebook simply holds space for you.

I believe that the MCT is 1:05, so you are below it and it is thus a legal connection. However, it is far outside SCT (Sensible Conection Time) especially given the lack of alternatives if you misconnect. Thus, I would call AA and have them rebook you on the earlier flight.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Welcome to FT!

If you within MCT you should be fine/there is no reason for asking AA to react. You may ask AA to rebook you /as a curtesy because your original flight was rescheduled; not because you are close to MCT) but it seems like a perfectly fine connection to me.

BTW you should have asked this Q in the AA forum
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd worry more if the relatively short connecting time were in the opposite direction, but D-I on a SINGLE TICKET/PNR isn't much different from D-D except in the following ways:

1. You might be connecting to a once a day or les frequent flight, so the consequences of missing the connection are greater in terms of the likely delay in arrival at your destination.

2. You need to show your passport and/or visa to an airline employee. Often this just means having your passport in hand when the boarding pass is scanned for the international segment, but there can be a requirement to do this early or in some particular location at the airport.

3. You might miss out on lounge access, for example if you're in business class or a mid or high level elite of the carrier or a partner.

4. The be ready to board or be on board or be in the gate area deadline tends to be earlier, for instance 30 minutes versus 10-15 for most airlines.

5. You might need to get a new boarding pass printed by the international carrier or in an extreme case, your domestic carrier might not be able to assign seats for the international segment.

However, in the USA there's no passport control step for international departures, nor is there an additional TSA airport security checkpoint in most airports (assuming that the relevant domestic and international terminals are connected airside).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.