Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Lower case and missing space in name in itinerary as opposed to passport

Old Jul 4, 19, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Good morning all

Need a clarification please to anyone who knows please?
I made a redemption booking from Qantas on Qatar Airways this morning. Somehow, while i input the exact names as per our passports, the spelling of our names are slightly different in resulting itinerary; shown on Qatar 'Manage booking'. For example - my name in passport is 'Ching Xing Tan' but appeared on Qatar's itinerary as 'Chingxing Tan'; missing a space and with a lower case for 'X'.
My travelling partner's name in passport is 'Jeremy Paul Roberts' but appeared on Qatar's itinerary as 'Jeremy paul Roberts', 'p' being in lower capital, not upper.
I will call Qatar to clarify if the traveling names are okay; but do any of you out there travel internationally and has encountered issues of a similar nature?
And can confirm please (importantly) that the spelling of names in different cases and missing spaces is not a problem? Through web-chat, Qantas stated that it is okay but we would like to make sure it is so.

Grateful for your advice.
Old Jul 4, 19, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
nothing to worry about here.
Old Jul 5, 19, 5:11 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
I confirm. No issue and no reason to inquire with QR or Qantas about this,
Old Jul 5, 19, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
All the letters are present and are in the right order. I have traveled through the U.S., India and Singapore with far worse errors in my name (made by a travel agent whom I was required to use by the organization that paid for my travel, and will never use again) and no problems. Do not worry. Do not worry. Do not worry.
Old Jul 5, 19, 10:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond
You are fine. This is not an issue at all. Don't even bother to call Qatar, you are wasting your time. As long as all of the letters are there, extra or missing spaces do not matter, and the upper or lower case does not matter.
Old Jul 8, 19, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Completely normal.
Old Jul 8, 19, 1:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some reservation computer systems automatically change First Middle Lastname to Firstmiddle Lastname. It looks strange when you first see it but airlines and airport officials are accustomed to this.

Search this Thread