Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Premium Economy Preference

Old Jun 28, 19, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic

I'm getting ready to book a PE fare from JFK to ORY/CDG.

These airlines:
Level (Iberia)
AA
UA
AF

are all offering PE within 100 dollars of each other. Is there a hard product among these that stands out? I'm leaning towards AF for the SkyPesos via DL but wanted to make sure there wasn't a glaring gap in quality.
Old Jun 28, 19, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Just to be clear UA will be from EWR.
For the price I'd go with DY, even though it's not one of your listed options. The much lower cost, decent quality & late departure to me is preferable to maximize possible sleep.
AA will be a fresh product but the early departure means for most people no sleep and a very early arrival in Paris when most hotels aren't available. JFK Terminal 8 has AA clubs if you have access or at least the PP restaurant for a bite to eat and drink.
AF has the most options and also has a 2x3x2 seating layout which is preferable for most people particularly if traveling as a couple or family. JFK terminal 1 isn't great.
UA is also a fresh product on the new 787-10 but like AA has an earlier departure tie. upside of that is one could go to the VS lounge in Terminal B if they have PP and still have plenty of time to get over to Terminal C for the flight.
I haven't flown flown but upside is ORY over CDG which depending on where you're going in Paris/France could be a big positive. like UA it flies out of EWR.
Old Jun 28, 19, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic
DY has no flights loaded for this time period (Early May 2020), I'll take a peek when they get loaded. It doesn't look like it's any cheaper ($1075 AF compared to ~1100 for the latest DY premium cabin)

I appreciate the rundown, I'm going to give it another week to book.

Search this Thread