Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Best hotel in Heathrow airport for T3 departure

Old Jun 25, 19, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TP Gold, *G Star Alliance

Hey guys, I知 flying Cathay from Heathrow (from my research they use T3 but please correct me if I知 wrong) and would like to know in your opinion which is the hotel with the best accessibility to T3 since I知 not familiar with Heathrow airport.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old Jun 25, 19, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Your best bet is the Hilton Garden Inn at Terminal 2, a short walk from Terminal 3.

Otherwise there are 15-20 hotels on Bath Road that can be accessed by the free city buses available at the Heathrow bus station.
Old Jun 25, 19, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TP Gold, *G Star Alliance
But is the T3 reachable by only walking? Also the terminal looks on the map like it is in the middle of the airport. I’m arriving by car how can I go to the Hilton in T2?
Old Jun 26, 19, 5:40 am

Programs: Marriott and MLife Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Stayed at the Renaissance on Bath Road last week and the the free public bus transportation couldn't have been easier to navigate from T-3. The central bus station pick up area is well marked and they had an attendant who would tell you which platform to wait at and which stop to use for your specific hotel. The Renaissance faces the bus stop directly, so it was easy to spot and super quick to/from airport.

https://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/he...ocal_buses.htm

Yes, Cathay Pacific is T-3 and you can be dropped off at T-3 in the lane outside the terminal if arriving by car.
Old Jun 26, 19, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA 2MillionMiler, BA ExecutiveClub, UA MileagePlus, AS MileagePlan
I stayed at the Premier Inn last year. It was perfectly adequate for an overnight stay. It's at terminal 4, but is pretty easy to get to from terminal 3.

You take the free Heathrow Connect train, then walk down a covered walkway to the hotel. It was easy to get to and from the hotel which is also accessible by car.

Check-in was via a kiosk, so if you're not comfortable with technology such as this, don't stay at this property.

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hot...erminal-4.html
Old Feb 8, 22, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Any changes to this advice in the last 3 years?
Old Feb 8, 22, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tsg20 View Post
There is now a Hilton Garden Inn located at Terminal 2, so a short walk to either T2 or T3.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 22, 22, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
There is now a Hilton Garden Inn located at Terminal 2, so a short walk to either T2 or T3.
So I'm going to be flying AY1338. Given that it's a late evening flight, I'm looking for a comfortable hotel to spend the night before I depart Heathrow, and I'll most likely sleep in, so I'll request late check-out. Surprisingly, the HGI was the most expensive for my selected date. I think AY is departing from T3. Hilton London Heathrow Airport and Hilton London Heathrow Airport T5 are almost 」100 cheaper. Which Hilton has the best breakfast and lounge food spread?

Thank you.
Old May 23, 22, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
So I'm going to be flying AY1338. Given that it's a late evening flight, I'm looking for a comfortable hotel to spend the night before I depart Heathrow, and I'll most likely sleep in, so I'll request late check-out. Surprisingly, the HGI was the most expensive for my selected date. I think AY is departing from T3. Hilton London Heathrow Airport and Hilton London Heathrow Airport T5 are almost 」100 cheaper. Which Hilton has the best breakfast and lounge food spread?

Thank you.
I'm a little confused - are you local? Flying in the night before and have an overnight layover? Would you be better off booking a day room?
Old May 23, 22, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
I'm a little confused - are you local? Flying in the night before and have an overnight layover? Would you be better off booking a day room?
I'm not local.
Old May 24, 22, 11:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat, HY Globule
Originally Posted by tsg20 View Post
Busses are no longer free. They may still be the best bet to transit from Term 2-3 to Bath Road hotels though.
Old May 24, 22, 12:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat, HY Globule
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post

Thank you.
My choice would normally be the HGI at Hatton Cross. Just one stop on the Tube from Term 2-3. But if I understand it, you want to check out as late as possible. If you have status at Hyatt or Marriott, you could more likely get a 4pm checkout at one of their locations rather than at Hilton.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 24, 22, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xooz View Post
My choice would normally be the HGI at Hatton Cross. Just one stop on the Tube from Term 2-3. But if I understand it, you want to check out as late as possible. If you have status at Hyatt or Marriott, you could more likely get a 4pm checkout at one of their locations rather than at Hilton.
I just checked and the rate is very similar to Hilton T4. Yes, I'm a Hyatt Globalist and Hilton Diamond.

Search this Thread