Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Help: United partner EVA Air cancelled their leg

Help: United partner EVA Air cancelled their leg

Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: none
eva airway compensation if strike is deamed illegal after lawsuit against union

eva airlines strike ,stranded june 26 2019 resceduled for return flight philippines to canada july 10 2019 . if the strike by the union is deamed as an illegal strike will passangers be entitled to compensation for travel and out of pocket expenses. for accomodation ,food .my horrendous trip was surigao to cebu mactan back to surigao 2 weeks no money back to cebu mactan then on to canada. parcially if not fully the fault of eva airways for not being able to confirm my flight on line 24 hours before the flight. no phone number would dial through for eva air.the reason for going to the airport to confirm my flight in person.these travel expenses were not the fault of the union or the flight attendants .they were eva airways fault for shabby customer service
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Illegal or not - it is a labor strike. You are SOL in term of compensation.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
"Illegal" refers to the consequences to the union and perhaps its members. That won't make a any difference to you as a passenger in terms of what the air carrier does for you.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Scott Wood
eva airlines strike ,stranded june 26 2019 resceduled for return flight philippines to canada july 10 2019 . if the strike by the union is deamed as an illegal strike will passangers be entitled to compensation for travel and out of pocket expenses. for accomodation ,food .my horrendous trip was surigao to cebu mactan back to surigao 2 weeks no money back to cebu mactan then on to canada. parcially if not fully the fault of eva airways for not being able to confirm my flight on line 24 hours before the flight. no phone number would dial through for eva air.the reason for going to the airport to confirm my flight in person.these travel expenses were not the fault of the union or the flight attendants .they were eva airways fault for shabby customer service
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Generally, I’m afraid a strike is classified as “force majeure” by an airline - something the airline has no control over, like weather, terrorism, government action, etc. and in considered uncompensatable unless there are superseding regulations like EC261/2004.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Scott Wood
I mean, you can always ask - sometimes airlines will throw you a bone even if they don't have to - but not always of course. Be concise, factual, and non-emotional if you write. You're not out anything other than your time in writing the email - worst they can do is say no. Just don't get your hopes up (unless you can find some applicable airline regulation for the relevant countries, that would require passenger compensation for cancellations due to this specific kind of situation).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.