Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Help Booking BIZ with AMEX around 100k?

Help Booking BIZ with AMEX around 100k?

Old Jun 21, 19, 9:13 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 16
Help Booking BIZ with AMEX around 100k?

Hi There,

Whom has a business class award for one way for around 100k. I feel like I should be able to get this.

I need to be in Paris for work so Im Looking to ideally fly to Paris but anywhere in Europe will suffice since I can buy a cheap ticket to CDG once im in Europe.

Any help would be appreciated using AMEX miles and flight date is 6/27
Homeslice is offline  
Old Jun 21, 19, 9:18 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL CHC
Posts: 14,202
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Whom has a business class award for one way for around 100k. I feel like I should be able to get this.

I need to be in Paris for work so Im Looking to ideally fly to Paris but anywhere in Europe will suffice since I can buy a cheap ticket to CDG once im in Europe.

Any help would be appreciated using AMEX miles and flight date is 6/27
What have you found when looking?
Other than Amex what ff miles do you have?
From where to Paris/Eu/UK?
27 Jun is not far away and wanting a business class award flight may be a tad optimistic. Or wildly optimistic.

Look here-->www.awardhacker.com

Amex MR Transfer Membership Rewards points to which airline or hotel program?
Mwenenzi is offline  
Old Jun 21, 19, 9:29 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
What have you found when looking?
Other than Amex what ff miles do you have?
From where to Paris/Eu/UK?
27 Jun is not far away and wanting a business class award flight may be a tad optimistic. Or wildly optimistic.

Look here-->www.awardhacker.com

Amex MR Transfer Membership Rewards points to which airline or hotel program?

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I have looked at American, Delta, Air France and BA with no availability or they want 300k. I have amex miles I can transfer anywhere.
Homeslice is offline  
Old Jun 21, 19, 9:39 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL CHC
Posts: 14,202
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I have looked at American, Delta, Air France and BA with no availability or they want 300k. I have amex miles I can transfer anywhere.
And a week out that is all that may be available.
AA & BA are Oneworld and very close ff partners
DL & AF are Skyteam and ff partners

Looked at different airports?
And considered AA's married segment award policy (Many threads in AA forum)

But think of all the ff miles from buying a ticket on your Amex card you will get
Mwenenzi is offline  
Old Jun 22, 19, 12:27 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 16
Not trying to drop 5k on a ticket!

I dont wanna blow through 300k miles , I might have to bite the bullet and fly economy on this one
Homeslice is offline  
Old Jun 22, 19, 1:07 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL CHC
Posts: 14,202
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Not trying to drop 5k on a ticket!

I don't wanna blow through 300k miles , I might have to bite the bullet and fly economy on this one
Real premium economy can be a good compromise (for the money). More so if a day flight.
[Not economy plus, economy extra or other buzz word for economy with more leg room]
Yoshi212 likes this.
Mwenenzi is offline  
Old Jun 22, 19, 10:33 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 21,990
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
... Whom has a business class award for one way for around 100k. I feel like I should be able to get this...
There are usually few seats available at the minimum mileage level on a given flight. When you have a popular destination such as Europe in June, those seats tend to be snapped up soon after they become available (330-355 days before the flight, depending on the airline). Once they're gone, award seats require more miles - usually a lot more miles. This is, unfortunately, a fact of life. You may get lucky and find something, but the odds are not good.
Efrem is offline  
Old Jun 22, 19, 11:36 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Not here; there!
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 21,443
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Hi There,

Whom has a business class award for one way for around 100k. I feel like I should be able to get this.

I need to be in Paris for work so Im Looking to ideally fly to Paris but anywhere in Europe will suffice since I can buy a cheap ticket to CDG once im in Europe.

Any help would be appreciated using AMEX miles and flight date is 6/27
It would be a big help if you told us where you are starting? Los Angeles? New York? Sydney? Hong Kong?
guv1976 is offline  
Old Jun 24, 19, 12:38 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
It would be a big help if you told us where you are starting? Los Angeles? New York? Sydney? Hong Kong?

Oh yes! Im flying out of LAX!
Homeslice is offline  
Old Jun 24, 19, 12:50 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Not here; there!
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 21,443
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Oh yes! Im flying out of LAX!
I think the likelihood of finding a low-tier award via the Atlantic for this Thursday is pretty low. Do you have to be at work in Paris on Friday? If not, and if you are willing to fly the long way around, I would check availability for LAX-Asia, and then Asia-PAR. This will almost certainly require two separate awards, but if you can get both at the low-tier level, you might be able to get the one-way for about 150K transferred Amex MR points.

Be aware, however, that not all Amex transfers are instantaneous. If you find availability on an Aeroplan partner that does not have surcharges, Aeroplan will put the flights on hold while you are on the phone with them if you immediately transfer your Amex points to Aeroplan.
guv1976 is offline  
Old Jun 24, 19, 11:47 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
I think the likelihood of finding a low-tier award via the Atlantic for this Thursday is pretty low. Do you have to be at work in Paris on Friday? If not, and if you are willing to fly the long way around, I would check availability for LAX-Asia, and then Asia-PAR. This will almost certainly require two separate awards, but if you can get both at the low-tier level, you might be able to get the one-way for about 150K transferred Amex MR points.

Be aware, however, that not all Amex transfers are instantaneous. If you find availability on an Aeroplan partner that does not have surcharges, Aeroplan will put the flights on hold while you are on the phone with them if you immediately transfer your Amex points to Aeroplan.
Thanks for the info, I'm gonna try and check that out. I didn't know that about Aeroplan, thats good info!
Homeslice is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread