Wiki Posts
Search

Book <Airline> on Google

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA
Book <Airline> on Google

I am seeing an itinerary on Google Flights which is cheaper if booked on GF. Its an LX operated flight ticketed by LH. Another option is to book on UA, which is even more expensive.

From the wording, it seems like Google books on Lufthansa on my behalf and then all the communication would be between me and LH. Is that right? Does anybody have any experience with this?

You're booking Lufthansa on Google. Google will securely pass your traveler and payment details to Lufthansa. Once your booking has been confirmed, Lufthansa will handle customer support.
  • Once your booking has been processed, you'll receive a confirmation email from the airline or online travel agency.
  • The relevant airline or online travel agency will provide customer support for your booking, including processing changes, cancellations, and handling any claims or complaints you have in connection with your flight.

Last edited by daKav; Jun 10, 2019 at 7:47 pm Reason: formatting
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
That is my understanding of it but no personal experience. They're not acting as an OTA but rather a referral agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.