Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Buying last-minute HKG/SIN ticket (Cathay or Scoot) at HKG airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

I was thinking of flying HKG/SIN on Cathay or Scoot tonight but left it till too late and there are no flights available online. Is there a chance that I could get a ticket at the airport, in case any passenger no shows? Would the fare be much higher than buying it online?

Last edited by qqqwe; Jun 5, 2019 at 11:21 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Sure you can buy a ticket at the airport. Go to the ticket office of Scoot and CX and inquire about availability and fares. Or call CX or go to their sales office downtown HK. Most likely it will be more expensive than what you have seen online.

It is perfectly normal that online sale of tickets is cut off at a certain time before the flight. e.g. 6 hours. It doesn't mean that there are no seats available or that you can't buy a ticket at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.