Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

How can I buy this fare?

How can I buy this fare?

Old Jun 3, 19, 7:27 am
Original Poster

How can I buy this fare?

Hi, I am traveling from MVD to TLV and just started using expertflyer and can't understand the fares very well. I have found this one that seems pretty cheap, but my travel agent can't find it nor I can buy it on the airline's website. Is there any way I can buy this fare? Thanks.

And also, anywhere I can read a tutorial about all the fare rules and routing? V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 OON0ZQB3 O‡R 465.00 D26DE T30JN -/‡ 7/ 3M AT01
C31JA
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-MVD TO-TLV CXR-IB TVL-01AUG19 RULE-M710 IPRSAA2/27
FARE BASIS-OON0ZQB3 SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-ERU RT-ECONOMY RT UNBUNDLED
USD 465.00 6123 E30NOV18 D26DEC19 FC-OON0ZQB3 FN-1O
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 29NOV18/1026 EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG MVD-TLV/IB6123/TAR-SAARG EF-30NOV18 DIS-INDEF

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. MVD-BCN/MAD-IB-LON-IB-BCN-IB-TLV
2. MVD-IB-BUE/EZE-BCN/MAD-IB-LON-IB-BCN-IB-TLV
3. MVD-IB-BUE/EZE-LON-IB-MAD-IB-BCN-IB-TLV
4. MVD-IB-GRU/RIO/SAO-BCN/MAD-IB-LON-IB-BCN-IB-TLV
5. MVD-IB-GRU/RIO/SAO-LON-IB-MAD-IB-BCN-IB-TLV
6. MVD-IB-RIO/SAO-BCN/MAD-IB-LON-IB-BCN-IB-TLV
7. MVD-IB-RIO/SAO-LON-IB-MAD-IB-BCN-IB-TLV
8. MVD-IB-SCL-BCN/MAD-IB-LON-IB-BCN-IB-TLV
9. MVD-IB-SCL-LON-IB-MAD-IB-BCN-IB-TLV
10. MVD-LON-IB-MAD-IB-BCN-IB-TLV
Old Jun 3, 19, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Why do you want that specific fare?

If you're hoping that you'll actually get a round trip for $465, that's not the case. In addition to the base fare, IB will add a fuel surcharge (~$425). Taxes and departure/security fees will probably add almost another $200, so you're looking at almost $1,100 all in under this fare. There are plenty of fares available near this range on many airlines (especially LATAM), especially once you get out past the end of July.
Old Jun 5, 19, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Thank you. Is there any way of checking what the taxes are?

I have always had bad experiences when flying with LA, from delays and cancellations to a safety pin inside a muffin, and LA not assuming responsibility. Also, when I travel to Israel from Uruguay, I prefer having shorter legs, as the return flights are almost 15:30 hs from TLV to GRU and then almost 3 more hours to MVD, almost unbearable haha, prefer having maybe a 5 hours TLV MAD plus a 12:30 MAD MVD (really makes a difference when flying economy).

Also, this time I will go also to IST and BUD so will take a short flight from BUD to MAD and then MVD instead of flying back to TLV
Old Jun 6, 19, 7:07 am
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
Just because a fare exists doesn't mean that it is available for purchase. It could be that it was available but 'sold out' (no more seats in the right fare buckets), or it may never have been available for certain combinations of flights or dates.

Rather than looking into fare rules directly, I think it would be a better use of time and more informative to just play around with ITA Matrix. If you click 'advanced controls' you can specify airlines (for example to avoid LA, or to specify IB), specify connection points (such as only MAD, MAD + others, avoiding GRU, etc...) as well as other possibilities. Once you select a flight, it will show you the fare codes which you can then look up in expertflyer, and also see what taxes there are.

Search this Thread