Switching child

Old May 2, 2019, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Switching child

No, I'm not switching out my kid lol! We are flying to visit family on Frontier later this month. My step son is now unable to go and his ticket is non-refundable. We are thinking of taking my nephew instead. I can change the name for $75, OR just have my nephew board as my step-son. They are close in age, both under 15, no ID required. What to do? I know it's "only" $75 but hate to pay it if I don't have to.

ETA: not sure if this is in the right forum to ask, please feel free to move if not!
Old May 2, 2019, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're traveling with a minor for whom you are not a custodial parent, it's wise to have documents signed by the custodial parents authorizing the travel and giving you a medical power of attorney to authorize care and make decisions in an emergency, although it might not be such a big deal for domestic travel depending on the details.

For $75, do you plan to instruct the kid to lie if asked his name and other details such as age? Will he accept such "coaching" and remember to follow instructions?
Old May 2, 2019, 9:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Pay the $75. This is the sort of fraud which can have all kinds of unintended consequences.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Will do, thanks for the feedback!
Old May 6, 2019, 2:56 pm

They ask every single time our son's full name when we are traveling with our kid since he was 3... he is 13 now. Sometime they ask for his birthday too... when traveling out of the country. Once in a while, the guy at the front of the TSA check point will also ask... even for domestic travel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.