Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Europe to DFW- help narrowing search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Europe to DFW- help narrowing search

We (2 people) will be vacationing in Albania (TIA is the airport) but need to be back to DFW on or before 8/3. I am open to any class, any city (in Europe or US), and happy to pay for part of the journey, but want to have the long leg on miles. I'd prefer Business/First for the long leg but no big deal in coach. I have 650k Marriott points to transfer, as well as 360k AA miles. I need some expertise to help focusing my search, as it seems too broad.

Should I even bother searching TIA-DFW availability? Awardhacker has many possible options, but it seems unlikely to me. No hits thus far.

From TIA, the cheapest cities to fly to around my dates are Rome, Athens, Milan, Istanbul. I've been looking there but there are a lot of airlines and destinations in the US. I don't have to save money on this flight either, we would be happy to visit another city for a day or two to get a good reward leg.

There is some AA availability, but the YQ fees (I'm seeing $1200) from BA seem to make it a poor deal.

I have an expertflyer account, and I just ran out of credits on my AwardNexus account.

Any sage advice on how to make my search more efficient? Are there 'usual suspect' routes to check? Thanks.
Old May 1, 2019, 6:58 pm

Dublin to DFW is a relatively new route for AA so you may want to check that
Old May 1, 2019, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Try DFW-LHR on AA. BA has LGW-TIA.

You may be able to do everything on miles if available.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coregis
We (2 people) will be vacationing in Albania (TIA is the airport) but need to be back to DFW on or before 8/3. I am open to any class, any city (in Europe or US), and happy to pay for part of the journey, but want to have the long leg on miles. I'd prefer Business/First for the long leg but no big deal in coach. I have 650k Marriott points to transfer, as well as 360k AA miles. I need some expertise to help focusing my search, as it seems too broad..
Having specific dates & airports makes it harder
Airlines/aircraft/routes with First class are decreasing.

HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance

AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (master thd)

BA IB----> Help avoid YQ Surcharge: AA award on BA / British (& Iberia) (master thread)

AA to Europe---> Where exactly does AA fly to Europe? Which routes have good business seats?

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/red...ts-to-miles.mi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tirana...n%C3%AB_Tereza
JDiver likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; May 1, 2019 at 8:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.