Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question with Expert Flyer

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Question with Expert Flyer

Not sure I’m in the right place. Is it worth using Expert Flyer to help me find Business Class for 2 or 3 using points for trip from Tampa/Orlando to Rome? All my miles are with the big 3, Delta,United and AA. Will be next yr, probably June/July.
Thanks, Lee

Last edited by Lgh34609; Mar 28, 2019 at 2:31 pm
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lgh34609
Not sure I’m in the right place. Is it worth using Expert Flyer to help me find Business Class for 2 or 3 using points for trip from Tampa/Orlando to Rome? Thanks
What airline/ffp/points?
When?
Long haul business class awards for 1 is hard, 2 very hard, 3 extremely hard(impossible?)
You may have to split your party and travel on different days/routes/airlines.
On to another Italian airport and then a train
General guide--->https://www.awardhacker.com/#f=TPA&f...=0&c=j&s=1&p=0

Their is an expert flyer thread, probably here (but could not find it)---> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/

===
OP's older thread on TPA Rome:-- Advice from the Gurus for future trip to Rome

Edit
ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sear...y=Expert-Flyer
AA and ExpertFlyer "Expert Flyer" issues, questions (master thread)

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Mar 28, 2019 at 3:12 pm
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure I’m in the right place. Is it worth using Expert Flyer to help me find Business Class for 2 or 3 using points for trip from Tampa/Orlando to Rome? All my miles are with the big 3, Delta,United and AA. Will be next yr, probably June/July.
Thanks, Lee
Have a look in the 3 airlines forums. Others will be wanting awards to the same destination. Anyway ~3 months before awards start to become available
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=TPA-FCO...O&MS=wls&DU=mi

For AA they will likely steer you to BA, with the hefty cash award surcharge.

HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance

AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (master thd)

BA IB----> Help avoid YQ Surcharge: AA award on BA / British (& Iberia) (master thread)

IB--->Flying IB / Iberia: seat, ticket, PNR, earning, award issues (consolidated)

AA to Europe---> Where exactly does AA fly to Europe? Which routes have good business seats?

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Mar 28, 2019 at 3:35 pm
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, Lee
If you don't have a specific airline in mind for the actual flying, it'll be a lot of work, since ExpertFlyer searches one airline at a time (instead of an alliance at a time), and it doesn't offer award searches for every single airline.

You might instead want to use Award Nexus (www.awardnexus.com, click "more signup options" under the green Purchase button to sign up for free using your FlyerTalk login info). It lets you search an alliance at a time (using one or two different airlines in each alliance). AA's website isn't able to search all their partners, I'm not sure about UA or DL. One nice thing about Award Nexus it that it uses the same user interface no matter which airline's search you're using behind the scenes. Award Nexus is free (for FlyerTalk members) up to a point, but if you do a lot of searches you might have to pay a bit (but still less probably than for an Expert Flyer subscription).
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: google
I saw someone suggested the expertflyer.com site in one of the threads on this forum so I decided to try it for my forthcoming flight.
I have a flight with a stop-over, and I saw on one of my outbound efforts (less than 2 months away) according to expertflyer, there are 150 seats on the plane and only 13 are taken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.