Wiki Posts
Search

EWR to LHR -- July 2019, flight advice?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by sjwoo
Holy crap, guv1976, you are absolutely a genius!!! Yes indeed, you are 100% correct. It drops to just $88 for LHR-DUB and $303 for DUB-EWR. And it's the same amount of Avios! And I don't even think I need to stay an extra night, as there are plenty of flights out of LHR so I can just do both flights on the same day. THANK YOU!!!
The reason for the suggested overnight is that you will be traveling on separate tickets and thus are not connecting. If you no show for your onwards ticket, it will be cancelled and you will be required to purchase a new ticket which might only be at walk up cash fares. Think of the cost of a hotel and associated meals as travel insurance.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
The reason for the suggested overnight is that you will be traveling on separate tickets and thus are not connecting. If you no show for your onwards ticket, it will be cancelled and you will be required to purchase a new ticket which might only be at walk up cash fares. Think of the cost of a hotel and associated meals as travel insurance.
Ah -- gotcha. I was thinking about arriving at 10am to DUB and leaving on the 1PM flight, but yes, if anything goes wrong on that early flight, I'd be toast. Thanks for the advice, we could just leave London a day earlier and get to Dublin, which isn't exactly a bad thing!
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sjwoo
Holy crap, guv1976, you are absolutely a genius!!! Yes indeed, you are 100% correct. It drops to just $88 for LHR-DUB and $303 for DUB-EWR. And it's the same amount of Avios! And I don't even think I need to stay an extra night, as there are plenty of flights out of LHR so I can just do both flights on the same day. THANK YOU!!!
If you have earned even one Avios in your BAEC account in the past 12 months, you would be eligible to redeem for "Reward Flight Saver" awards on BA flights from LON to DUB: the cash component of an RFS redemption is 17.5 GBP per person, or about $48 USD for two.

Transfers of Chase UR points or Amex MR points to BAEC count as "earnings." So, too, would earning a few Avios by taking a "Rewards for Thoughts" survey.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
If you have earned even one Avios in your BAEC account in the past 12 months, you would be eligible to redeem for "Reward Flight Saver" awards on BA flights from LON to DUB: the cash component of an RFS redemption is 17.5 GBP per person, or about $48 USD for two.

Transfers of Chase UR points or Amex MR points to BAEC count as "earnings." So, too, would earning a few Avios by taking a "Rewards for Thoughts" survey.
This just gets better and better -- thank you for this -- I'll transfer a few points over right away to get RFS to show up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.