Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

SPARK business point, what Airline to Transfer to?

SPARK business point, what Airline to Transfer to?

Old Mar 1, 19, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Question SPARK business point, what Airline to Transfer to?

I was able to get the SPARK Biz card offer, and got the ~59K offer fullfilled. Wondering which program to transfer to. I am not a member of any of the FF programs listed as transfer partners. Thinking mebbe Finnair to book on BA (still have some BA miles). I could use Finnair transfer + BA miles TATL. Anybody have any comments?
Old Mar 1, 19, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExGateAgt View Post
I was able to get the SPARK Biz card offer, and got the ~59K offer fullfilled. Wondering which program to transfer to. I am not a member of any of the FF programs listed as transfer partners. Thinking mebbe Finnair to book on BA (still have some BA miles). I could use Finnair transfer + BA miles TATL. Anybody have any comments?
From bloggers
--->https://upgradedpoints.com/capital-o...nsfer-partners
--->https://millionmilesecrets.com/revie...e-spark-miles/
  • Aeromexico
  • Air Canada (Aeroplan)
  • Air France & KLM (Flying Blue)
  • Alitalia
  • Avianca
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Emirates
  • Etihad
  • EVA
  • Finnair
  • Hainan Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Qatar Airways
  • Singapore Airlines
Many of those airlines are OW. Some are partners of OW airlines (AA<--->EY, QF<---->EK)
Some others are Skyteam or Star Allaince

You would not be able to combine AY & BA for 1 trans Atlantic award. You could use 1 ffp to Eu and another ffp back to USA, subject to availability. Any TATL award on BA will have a high cash surcharge.

What chance will you have to build up more ff miles/points/avios in a new ffp?
https://www.wheretocredit.com
NYC LHR award guide--->AwardHacker
Old Mar 3, 19, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Last year, I transfered some of my BA Miles to Iberia to do a round-trip TATL. But in the summer, all US Gateways on Iberia were not available. We had to go thru MEX to get C class and us AA miles to get there and back. Whatever works. Have done BA LHR-ATL in first a couple of years ago. Bit the bullet and paid the surcharge.....
Old Mar 4, 19, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
What are you going to do with 59k Finnair miles? They can't be combined with your BA Avios.

Since you're ATL-based, Flying Blue would be the obvious choice. You do need to be careful of expiration though. Singapore, Avianca, Flying Blue, Aeroplan, Asia Miles, and Etihad all have decent uses. If you're going to transfer speculatively, I would wait until you're ready to cancel your Spark card to delay starting your expiration clock as long as possible. Most of these programs expire miles on a per-mile basis (each mile has its own expiration clock) instead of the US-based programs' approach of resetting the expiration on all miles with any activity.
Old Mar 6, 19, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks dukerau!
The wife wants to go back to Argentina after she retires in June. Avianca might be a good choice. Don't think we will be going back to Asian anytime soon.

Search this Thread