Wiki Posts
Search

Frankfurt Airport Transfers....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Frankfurt Airport Transfers....

Hi Everyone

Have booked an amazing trip to Singapore flying business class with Lufthansa (second leg of trip is with Singapore Airlines on a codeshare). Anyway. the issue I am having is with the time it will take me to get from my plane (flying from Heathrow) to my connecting flight to Singapore and the vice versa for the return leg.

Outbound I have 2hrs 25mins
Inbound I have 1hr 15mins

I think all flights arrive and leave from T1

Have I allowed enough time to get off my plane and get to my connecting flight??

Cheers Gary
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Is this all on one PNR? If so, you'd at least be protected and placed on the next flight with seats available which on FRA-LHR/LCY you have a decent amount of flights. If not... buy a new or change your current. I would prefer over 90 minutes personally or even 2 hours but that's because I like to grab a shower before my connecting flight.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Hi Yoshi
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Is this all on one PNR?
Not sure what PNR is.... But it was purchased via Lufthansa Website in one purchase as in Heathrow to Singapore and return.

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
II would prefer over 90 minutes personally or even 2 hours but that's because I like to grab a shower before my connecting flight.
We are happy to bypass the shower etc so extra go slow and chill time is not an issue... Just want to make sure it was an OK amount of time for a transfer... I think we had a 45 Min transfer at Doha in January and made that with a time to spare.....

Cheers Gary
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
A PNR is a Passenger Name Record and is essentially the tag to flights booked together. As yours is all one purchase you'll have protection. Don't compare airports when it comes to MCT, minimum connection time, or one day that'll bite you hard. Your 75 minutes at FRA will probably be fine if your inbound flight is on time. No need to run but also don't take it slow. Looking at today's operations the SIN-FRA on LH arrived at Z62 and the FRA-LHR at 07:55 departed from B25. Z,A,B are neighboring branches and are connected via a tunnel.

Originally Posted by essexgary
Hi Yoshi

Not sure what PNR is.... But it was purchased via Lufthansa Website in one purchase as in Heathrow to Singapore and return.

We are happy to bypass the shower etc so extra go slow and chill time is not an issue... Just want to make sure it was an OK amount of time for a transfer... I think we had a 45 Min transfer at Doha in January and made that with a time to spare.....

Cheers Gary
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You are on a single ticket and there is plenty of time to make the connections - absolutely nothing to worry about.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Thank you everyone. My mind is at rest now.... was just making me a bit anxious......
Thank you
Gary
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if paid business class can also consider >
vip.frankfurt-airport.com/en
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
This is the definitive thread...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...hread-125.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.