Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Singapore Airlines thru Lufthansa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Dividend Miles Platinum
Booking Singapore Airlines thru Lufthansa

Can anyone confirm if it is possible to book a Singapore airlines flight through Lufthansa? I am trying to book a multi-city trip starting in Munich to Melbourne, Australia and on to Singapore. When I use google flights, it says it is bookable through Lufthansa. I called Lufthansa and the rep I spoke with said there are no bookable flights from Melbourne to Singapore. There are 2-3 direct flights from Melbourne to Singapore. I also found an article from 2017 about a joint venture from Singapore airlines and Lufthansa to increase flight options to Australia. If anyone could provide some more information if this is possible, it will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Psupearljam; Nov 20, 2018 at 8:05 am
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
It sure is.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Welcome to FT!

If you found and priced it on Google flight, most likely (a competent) call center agent will be able to book the same. Rather than to let the agent search for flights you should spoon feed the agent with flight No's. Actually most agents are grateful for this as it makes it easier for them to complete the itinerary - and it is far more likely that you will get an itinerary and fare that mirrors what you found on Google flight or ITA Matrix.

I believe the issue here is that you terminate the return flights in SIN rather than at the point of origin (MUC). A normal MUC-MEL return ticket (via SIN) would be a no-brainer and bookable on LH.com (as the previous poster indicated).
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:50 am

It makes more sense to buy directly from the operating airlines websites in case of straight forward itineraries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.