Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Would phoning up offer a better deal ?

Old Nov 13, 18, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Just wondering, I am looking for hotels to stay while I am in hkg for 17 days - There are some decent deals out there but are they likely able to beat the online prices if I phone them up? Bearing in mind these bookings are done through 3rd party websites like booking.com etc.
Old Nov 13, 18, 2:02 pm

In the past, I have spoken directly to the hotel when having extended stays at regular hotels (i.e. not extended stay hotels) and have been able to get better rates.

I would call if I were you.
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 18, 4:32 pm

My experience with Asia has been booking sites are a lot cheaper then booking with the hotel directly. A lot of times the booking site pays the hotel more than i pay it.
Old Nov 14, 18, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
It can't hurt to call, assuming your international calls are fairly inexpensive.

If your international calls cost enough to affect your decision about calling, get Skype.
Old Nov 15, 18, 9:16 am

You can often get a lot of inclusions that make it worth paying the same or slightly higher price. Breakfast, upgrade, laundry, high speed internet, etc.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: