Need help on a ticket SCL <-> IPC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC

HI there, I’m looking for some advice to fly an economy round trip between SCL and IPC for just one day (11/23-11/24). This is the ONLY date I can do this 1-day trip. I’m not an OneWorld member at all but I do have quite a few Marriott rewards points to transfer to LATAM or any airlines. I also saw somewhere that says it’s cheaper to use British Airways points to redeem a rt ticket instead of trying to redeem it directly on LATAM. Is that true? Also, I did notice that the round trip airfare on the Chilean version of LATAM wesbite is way cheaper than the English version ($308 vs $950). I would have totally bought the ticket if I didn’t notice that the airfare is specific only for local Chilean residents. So have anyone tried to buy a Chilean ticket without getting yourself in trouble at the airport? Any advice helps.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
LATAM might have some award availability offered only to its own members.

If you can find award seats for your desired flights on ba.com, the cost should be 25,000 Avios for the roundtrip in Economy Class plus tax, but no carrier surcharges.

I don't know how many miles LATAM charges for the same redemption.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.