Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

ORD-Mumbai flights for 3 in late December?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Any chance of any biz class seats for 3 in late December and return on Jan 2? I have UA & AA miles. I found none on UA & BA website.
Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Chances are slim and that's if you're willing to gamble for a late (final two weeks before desired travel) booking. 3 premium award tickets during peak travel times ~60 days out is asking for a lot.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 5:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
We don’t sell business class seats on FT. Have you checked all partner airlines?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:10 am
Original Poster

The way to check partners for AA is on BA site for AA miles and UA site for UA & its partners right?
Nothing shows up for dec 24,25 26 or 27th. UA site shows anytime award at 185k miles per person.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
The way to check partners for AA is on BA site for AA miles and UA site for UA & its partners right?
Nothing shows up for dec 24,25 26 or 27th. UA site shows anytime award at 185k miles per person.
Essentially yes. The UA & Aeroplan award searches are the preferred tool for Star Alliance airlines. BA shows good partner availability but I recommend always using the AA tool also to confirm all options.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
How about non-alliance partners that don't necessarily show up on airlines' sites when searching for award tickets. The one that comes to mind for me is Etihad award space using American miles - does availability on EY show on the AA site? If not, then the OP should search the EY site and, if you find anything, call AA. (Though look at this long thread that discusses the challenges of US-based AA CSRs finding EY award space even if it exists, and the advisability of calling overseas AA offices if that's the case.)

Another advantage of EY is that, if there is availability, travel on to India costs the same number of AA miles as only going as far as Abu Dhabi. And if by some chance you can only find EY first class availability, or a combination of EY J and F, the EY F "apartments" are excellent.

Also, perhaps there are other non-alliance AA or UA partners that the OP should be aware of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.