Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

UK Passport Renewal

UK Passport Renewal

Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver Marriott/SPG GOLD ELITE Avis President’s Club.
UK Passport Renewal

Not sure if this has been mentioned on here , and may have gone unnoticed by people.

But from this month if /when you renew your passport no extra months will be added (for early renewal)

https://www.politico.eu/article/brex...-wont-be-blue/
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes, all the tabloids seem to be making some big deal about this. Not really sure what the issue is about having a month or two more or less on a ten-year passport.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:18 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
It's a big deal if you are travelling to a country (such as the USA) that won't let you in unless your passport has at least 6 months to run. You then lose the final 6 months or more of your existing passport when you renew, meaning that under the new rules you in effect previously paid for a 10-year passport that only lasted for 9.5 (or less) years.
bruceba likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
So, at most, a 5% price increase. On a weighted average probably less. Do those real price increases make headlines?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Does anyone happen to know what the International Civil Aviation Organisation recommendations are that the validity is not extended? I could Google but thought I would ask here first.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.