Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Vancouver to Cairo - First Class on points (Amex MR + SPG/Marriott) suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vancouver to Cairo - First Class on points (Amex MR + SPG/Marriott) suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Looking to fly to Cairo One-Way, from Vancouver on December 20 or 21. I have a ton of AMEX MR and SPG (now marriott) points. Not sure which programs I can transfer the points to and also not sure what airlines offer first-class on this route.

Thanks for any help!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Welcome to FT.

You do not tell us what country your Amex is issued in. The MR transfer partners are different for each country. You can very easily check on your country's Amex page who the transfer partners are. From there you can see what alliances are available. Eastbound (the sensible and probably cheaper way to go) there are very few F seats that fly that fly that route, and given your wish to fly on one fo two days suggests that getting a F seat is pretty slim. Also, you will have to connect at some spot (likely in Europe). From there the onward flight to Cairo will be in Euro business class (probably not what you expect). Have you considered business class?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

aleks77 Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by aleks77
Looking to fly to Cairo One-Way, from Vancouver on December 20 or 21. I have a ton of AMEX MR and SPG (now Marriott) points. Not sure which programs I can transfer the points to and also not sure what airlines offer first-class on this route.
Have you looked at which airlines fly that route non stop or via a connection?
Many airlines now do not have first class. Business is the best that many airlines now offer. Can be better than first class a decade ago.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancou...tional_Airport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairo_...tional_Airport

Amex transfers to ffp's does depend on the county of issue.
Amex---> Transfer Membership Rewards points to which airline or hotel program?

What ffp's are you a member of now?
Any status?

20 or 21 Dec will be hard for a premium award:. Many people will have started looking/booking 355/330 days out depending on the ffp.

Note FT does not have a secret source of awards
Consider these Award booking services - a list and some reviews

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Aug 22, 2018 at 2:03 am Reason: Added airport links
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
December 20&21 is going to be difficult as it is peak travel time and you're 4 months out instead of the ~11 months out that awards are generally released. Additionally, some program and their partners don't get access to F awards until close to travel (with a few weeks) or not at all unless you're an elite.

You need to ask yourself if F is really needed. Today's J products generally have lie-flat beds, lounges, plentiful luggage allowances and multi-course meals services. It will also be open up potential for access to award travel.

Don't forget to look out of SEA and & even the other west coast airports that are generally easy to get to from Vancouver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.