Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

So, with UR to KE stopping, which plan to transfer my UR points for trip to Korea?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So, with UR to KE stopping, which plan to transfer my UR points for trip to Korea?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Is United -> Asiana the only option? I would prefer non-stop flight from/to NYC/PHL/WAS/BWI area but I will take any options (especially if I can fly out of PHL)

Would prefer Business class and up.

I do have almost 200k in AA, but Chase UR is easiest to accumulate not even counting sign up bonus/churning due to my nature of spending patterns. (I get 23K+ UR points a year just from cell phone bills/Internet bill)
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
How many UR points do you have on hand now?

Other UR transfer partners have options to ICN, though of course not all with non-stop flights from your departing airports.

You have enough AA miles for a saver level roundtrip business class redemption to ICN, though there wouldn't be any non-stop options from the airports you listed.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

I guess it was more of a question rather than booking right now. More for future planning.

I currently have about 180K UR. Was planning to get around 250K UR and get couple of biz tix to visit Korea by transferring to KE.

Now, like I said, if leaving to/from PHL, then I don't mind 1 stop (most likely Chicago or Atlanta via AA, I am guessing) but other's I would prefer non-stop as it takes me 2-3 hours to get to those airports in the first place.

I am just trying to plan ahead.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by hpark21
I guess it was more of a question rather than booking right now. More for future planning.

I currently have about 180K UR. Was planning to get around 250K UR and get couple of biz tix to visit Korea by transferring to KE.

Now, like I said, if leaving to/from PHL, then I don't mind 1 stop (most likely Chicago or Atlanta via AA, I am guessing) but other's I would prefer non-stop as it takes me 2-3 hours to get to those airports in the first place.

I am just trying to plan ahead.
Yeah I'm in a somewhat similar position as far as what I had in mind for some UR to KE transfers - this puts a hitch in my plans. I'm planning to go ahead and transfer a good chunk of what I'm expecting to want in KE and then either top up through other sources or use another FFP to round out the trip(s) if needed, when the time comes.

If you're able to apply for Marriott and/or SPG cards that have a decent welcome bonus (or have Marriott points otherwise), that's another route to SkyPass - 60K Marriott points transfer into 25K SkyPass miles (when done in one chunk of 60K). Hyatt points transfer to SkyPass though at less than 1:1 ratio (don't recall offhand what it is), for what it's worth.

USBank has SkyPass credit cards, though they don't always have the greatest welcome bonuses and USBank can be a pain to get approved....but they are a possibility.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.