Wiki Posts
Search

Non <-> Non [T1->T2] Transit Terminal Connections at FRA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Non <-> Non [T1->T2] Transit Terminal Connections at FRA

Hey FTers,

I have a colleague who will be travelling to SVO in a few weeks from YYZ flying DE 2403 to FRA then SU 2307 to SVO. The itinerary is issued by DE and has a connection time of 95 minutes. My understanding of airports at Europe and Frankfurt specifically is that you can transit between concourses and terminals without having to touch immigration (at worst getting a harsh glare from German federal police and passing through a security check).

In theory this is plenty of transit time for FRA since DE wouldn't sell me the itinerary if it goes under MCT for FRA in this circumstance. What's the best way to make the connection?

Safe Travels,

James
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Did you or your friend take a minute or two to look at the FRA website ... there's a step-by-step 'connection' guide there?
Also, if you read the first post of this excellent and exhaustive thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...on-thread.html you see what's involved.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Aug 7, 2018 at 4:03 am
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Hey FTers,

I have a colleague who will be travelling to SVO in a few weeks from YYZ flying DE 2403 to FRA then SU 2307 to SVO. The itinerary is issued by DE and has a connection time of 95 minutes. My understanding of airports at Europe and Frankfurt specifically is that you can transit between concourses and terminals without having to touch immigration (at worst getting a harsh glare from German federal police and passing through a security check).

In theory this is plenty of transit time for FRA since DE wouldn't sell me the itinerary if it goes under MCT for FRA in this circumstance. What's the best way to make the connection?

Safe Travels,

James
There will be no immigration procedures, but you will have transfer security. What do you mean by 'a harsh glare from the German federal police'?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
There will be no immigration procedures, but you will have transfer security. What do you mean by 'a harsh glare from the German federal police'?
Mainly referring to the odd time I encounter German Federal police whilst walking between non-Schengen concourses who question me about why I am here and wanting to see my passport. Never encountered that at other European airports like ZRH, GVA and LHR. I’m all for security but after getting off a 12 hour flying and being slightly disoriented and tired the last thing I want is this.

That being said when I do have to clear immigration at FRA it’s always a breeze (I.e. look at passport, look at me, stamp). Meanwhile at LHR its a game of 22 questions, arrival cards and long queues. Bloody hell!

Safe Travels,

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.