Wiki Posts
Search

Using UR/MR to get to/from India from US

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Using UR/MR to get to/from India from US

Looking at booking a trip out to India in Feb of next year in J. I've been researching some options, but want to get some other opinions. I'm originating on the US east coast (I can position from TPA easily) and need to get to BOM (or DEL). I've got 165,000 MR and 150,000 UR points.

What are my best options with using those points the most efficiently? ANA seemed to come in the lowest at 105K roundtrip (on ANA metal) but comes with a hefty $700 fuel surcharge.

The best I have been able to come up with is transferring MR to Etihad Guest and booking on Royal Air Maroc from JFK-CMN-DOH roundtrip for 88K points, then buying a cash Y fare to/from India for about $350 (or use UR to cover the cost) but that's fairly complicated and I'd need to build in some leeway in DOH to ensure I don't misconnect.

Edit - Take that back, I'm only showing about $130 in surcharges on ANA now. Seems like a good deal for 105K and $130 roundtrip J.

Last edited by ChiefNWA; Jul 9, 2018 at 1:47 pm
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
What are my best options with using those points the most efficiently? .
The "best" option is the one with availability.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:03 pm

How about transfering UR to United and booking on Lufthansa? Does Lufthansa fly between those cities?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RJ5929
How about transfering UR to United and booking on Lufthansa? Does Lufthansa fly between those cities?
LH does, but at 85K miles each way, it's quite expensive.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Edit - Take that back, I'm only showing about $130 in surcharges on ANA now. Seems like a good deal for 105K and $130 roundtrip J.
Fuel surcharges and taxes are variable depending on the airline metal you're flying. US-India for 105k round trip with minimal fuel surcharges is a steal. Don't hesitate on that one. ANA has the lowest J pricing for US-India of all UR/MR partners:

https://www.awardhacker.com/?utm_sou...=0&c=j&s=1&p=0
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dukerau
Fuel surcharges and taxes are variable depending on the airline metal you're flying. US-India for 105k round trip with minimal fuel surcharges is a steal. Don't hesitate on that one. ANA has the lowest J pricing for US-India of all UR/MR partners:

https://www.awardhacker.com/?utm_sou...=0&c=j&s=1&p=0
Oddly enough, I just repriced it and it's quoting the $700 and some change in taxes/fees. I'll have to try again tomorrow, but maybe I overlooked something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.