Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long layover

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Long layover

Hi all, I'm flying HNL to MNL. Philipine Air had a direct flight $730 r\t. Philipine Air flies from HNL -MNL- HKK r\t for $630. Can I simply not get on the plane to HKK and catch the return flight to Honolulu or will not completeing all legs of the flights somehow void my ticket? Any advice will be appreciated. Aloha Andrew
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Welcome to FT!

If you skip one leg of your flight, the airline will cancel all subsequent legs. Nobody will force you to continue to Hong Kong, but if you don't, you will not have a valid return ticket. Therefore, this trick only works if you want to skip the last leg of a ticket - not an earlier leg.

In addition, if you have any checked bags, they will stay on the plane at MNL and will be unloaded at HKK.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Thank you
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

This is called “Hidden City - Point Beyond” ticketing by the airlines, and it is usually prohibited by their terms and conditions. As has been stated, a no show will result in preemptive cancellation of all flights following the missed segment.
mx2hi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.