Wiki Posts
Search

How to deadbolt this Marriott door?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
How to deadbolt this Marriott door?

Hi guys, I'm staying at this Marriott. I am wondering, how do I deadbolt this door? I've never seen anything like it - sure, I'm no engineer, but come on now, any ideas? Is the deadbolt broken? Pics below:

From afar.

Pushing to see if the two hooks will touch...

I need to hold this in place to stay like this - even as that, the door hook doesn't attach.

I can push this hook up and it can stay like that for a few seconds before it falls down.

The hook naturally lays flat like this.
Old May 30, 2018, 10:17 pm

Is there a part of that unit that screws into the wall plate, as if to tighten it? The loop looks like it should hover over the door hook and only engage if the door were to open.
Old May 30, 2018, 10:34 pm

Pick up the phone in your room. Dial "0" and ask the operator. She or he will probably be able to answer your question. If not, someone will be dispatched to your room to help.
Old May 30, 2018, 11:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Flip the curved long part over (now the curve goes the other way), rotate it so it’s over the ball hook and see if it will engage that way.
smc333 and KDS777 like this.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by klew97
Is there a part of that unit that screws into the wall plate, as if to tighten it? The loop looks like it should hover over the door hook and only engage if the door were to open.
Oh, good idea, I didn't think of that. I checked, no unit that screws the wall plate into place.

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Pick up the phone in your room. Dial "0" and ask the operator. She or he will probably be able to answer your question. If not, someone will be dispatched to your room to help.
Thanks for the suggestions. There is somewhat of a language barrier at this Marriott and it isn't particularly located in a very safe country - I didn't want to call the staff at night. I'll try in the morning - I didn't sleep too comfortably knowing the door wasn't deadbolted

Originally Posted by JDiver
Flip the curved long part over (now the curve goes the other way), rotate it so it’s over the ball hook and see if it will engage that way.
Good idea, I just tried that! Unfortunately, the "curved long part" rotates minimally. The most it rotates/moves is per picture 1 and picture 5.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Update on this: The deadbolt was actually broken, it was supposed to be able to stay in the middle and not drop down, succumbing to gravity. I called the operator and the handymen came and fixed it with a new deadbolt. Thanks FT!

This is how it looks now.

JDiver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.