Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue vs Skymiles

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Unhappy Flying Blue vs Skymiles

Hi Everybody,

I'm pretty new to the miles game and I'm trying to wrap my head around it all. I've been using flying blue for years but only recently started to seriously travel for work. I'm based in Israel but tend to travel to the US and within the US rack up a lot of segments. Until April I found flying blue to be worth it because I could achieve status faster as each delta flight was counted as a qualified flight. However in light of the recent changes I've been a bit confused if I should stay with flying blue.

In general, I have one long segment from Israel to the US and then do 12 to 17 domestic segments per trip. Through my initial research, it seems that might be better to move to SkyMiles as I travel domestically more but at this point, I've racked up around 70K miles on my FB account and am about to hit Gold so not sure if it's "sunk" cost and need to start from scratch on another FF program. Honestly best would be to transfer everybody but doubt that is possible. I'm getting married in a few months and my goal is to pay for a honeymoon with miles and points from flights and hotels.

Also, worth knowing I work for a startup so as of right now all flights are economy for me (no business class yet ) and I might be relocating to the US soon so will not be doing the international legs as much.

Thanks for all the help and feel free to ask any questions!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.