FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Information Desk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/)
-   -   gito (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk/1889653-gito.html)

gito Jan 21, 2018 11:59 am

gito

can anybody help.

lufthansa flight LH 906 FRA- LHR 15 december 2017
showed flight was delayed 90 minutes.
return to FRA flight becomes LH907.
I was booked on LH907/ LH728 thru to Shanghai.
Flt delayed so missed connection as many others did.
rerouted next day via Milan on LH246 and CA968 to PVG.

During flight captain said delay due to aircraft had to be de iced at FRA.

Little do they realise that people can find out a lot of information by themselves like here for example.
I found the TAIL ID of that aircraft...D - AIDV......and I also found out that aircraft started fom Madrid on the 15 december to FRA and then to London with LH906

Why would that aircraft need to be de iced in FRA ?.....LIES

Can anybody help me and find out more about this flight please.
Fraport.de gave me some delay codes for this flight.
DC37.....10 minutes...catering late loading
DC75 12 minutes...de icing
DC 89...53 minutes........what is this code ???.......never heard of.

Can anybody tell me how many aircrafts at T 1 in FRA had to be de iced that day around that ime of 1100/1200[cet] 15 december 2017
How many flights had this code 89 given to them that morning ?

many thanks for your help

gito

WorldLux Jan 21, 2018 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by gito (Post 29320912)
Flt delayed so missed connection as many others did.

That's unfortunate but it has happen to many of us.

Originally Posted by gito (Post 29320912)
Why would that aircraft need to be de iced in FRA ?.....LIES

What assumption do you make that the plane didn't need deicing? Even when there's no ice/snow on the ground planes will often require deicing in cold weather. Otherwise ice may build up which may have a negative effect on the air stream flowing over the wing. Since air flowing over and under the wing is what keeps you in the air, it's something you don't want to mess about. Deice or not deice is up to the flight crew.

gito Jan 21, 2018 1:52 pm

In this case all aircrafts in FRA were de iced then ? why only this one....or can anyone find out how many were de iced ??
Where weather was fine when we landed there couple of hors later via LH907 .... anyway it was only 12 minutes according to Fraport.de reports which shows the following...DC37..catering loading delay 10 minutes but most important it shows DC89....53 minutes.....this is what fraport told me.....but the pilot on LH907 to FRA mentioned only de icing.....he did not mention de icing was only 12 minutes.

there is something fishy that is why I am trying to go deeper and get official result....in the airline industry everything is logged somewhere.

that aircraft started in Madrid in the morning on the 15th of december.....in arriving FRA why would it have to be de iced.

airline find all sorts of excuses so not to pay any compensation.
cheers
and thanks for your help out there

I am very new to this.

WorldLux Jan 21, 2018 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by gito (Post 29321314)
In this case all aircrafts in FRA were de iced then ? why only this one....or can anyone find out how many were de iced ??

Who cares whether any other aircraft was deiced!? Yours presumably required deicing and apparently was deiced.

Originally Posted by gito (Post 29321314)
that aircraft started in Madrid in the morning on the 15th of december.....in arriving FRA why would it have to be de iced.

Because ice had formed/the was a risk that ice would build up!? Since you're bringing up Madrid over and over, why do you think that a plane coming from Madrid is less likely to need deicing than a plane arriving from Siberia?

Often1 Jan 21, 2018 4:46 pm

Lies? Not one thing OP has written remotely suggests a "lie". More often than not, people who come to FT for the first time accusing someone of lying and then giving uninformed opinions on technical matters where it is self-evident that they have no expertise, wind up unhappy.

1. The aircraft's origin is irrelevant. Whether the aircraft originated at MAD or was built brand new at FRA is irrelevant as to whether it requires deicing.

2. The decision to deice is ultimately the Captain's. But, there are standards set by aircraft manufacturers and air carriers. Those may be different based on all manner of factors, including the aircraft's takeoff weight (quite heavy for a journey such as yours).

Ask yourself why LH would delay and pay to deice an aircraft which did not require it. More to the point, you should understand that the failure to deice an aircraft which requires it is a good way to have it be unable to maintain altitude. That is a good way to crash. That is generally a worse thing than misconnecting.

Good for LH for getting you to your destination, if a bit late due to poor weather.

LondonElite Jan 22, 2018 2:49 am

Moderator alerted to a cross-post in the LH Newbie thread. De-icing is often required in the winter. The origin of the aircraft is not relevant.

gito Jan 22, 2018 3:43 am

How can I find out about that delay re ATC for 53 minutes....where is that recorded and who recorded it

DC89

chgoeditor Jan 22, 2018 11:48 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 29323465)
Moderator alerted to a cross-post in the LH Newbie thread. De-icing is often required in the winter. The origin of the aircraft is not relevant.

Given that cross-posting is against FT rules and the LH forum is a more appropriate home for this thread, I'm locking it now.

chgoeditor
co-moderator, Info Desk