Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast - BKK flight deals/questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

West Coast - BKK flight deals/questions

Goal:
Find promo/deal tickets for family of 5 (kids ages 14, 11, & 9) for travel to BKK (Thailand in general, like Chiang Mai, is fine too), on an airline with business class or higher seats, using an airline promotion and/or our recent 100,000 from the Chase Sapphire Reserve card we have.

Dates: December 13/14/15, 2017 - January 3/4/5/6, 2018

Open to: Completely open to leaving from any West Coast city, like SEA, PDX, LAX, or even Vancouver and even more open to a stop over 24-48 hours, which would be better on us overall to slowly acclimate to time change. Don't mind stop over in ICN or SIN etc

Questions:
What month should I be looking at for airline promo/deals?
Which airlines, might not allow kids in Business or First?
Which airlines might be best to look at for this trip?
Suggestions, tips, thoughts?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:55 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, Norcalmom3
Please follow this thread in the Information Desk Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Those 100,000 points will get you 1 ticket The rest you'll be paying for which can be a poor possibility when traveling in groups unless you can get the routing you desire which is more difficult with award tickets during a rather popular travel time.
You could use those points to reduce your overall cost via the UR travel portal at a fixed point to cents ratio.

As for sales. Those happen but aren't guaranteed at any point in time. You should track prices and see where they go. When you find a price you're comfortable with that sounds good you buy.

Originally Posted by Norcalmom3
Goal:
Find promo/deal tickets for family of 5 (kids ages 14, 11, & 9) for travel to BKK (Thailand in general, like Chiang Mai, is fine too), on an airline with business class or higher seats, using an airline promotion and/or our recent 100,000 from the Chase Sapphire Reserve card we have.

Dates: December 13/14/15, 2017 - January 3/4/5/6, 2018

Open to: Completely open to leaving from any West Coast city, like SEA, PDX, LAX, or even Vancouver and even more open to a stop over 24-48 hours, which would be better on us overall to slowly acclimate to time change. Don't mind stop over in ICN or SIN etc

Questions:
What month should I be looking at for airline promo/deals?
Which airlines, might not allow kids in Business or First?
Which airlines might be best to look at for this trip?
Suggestions, tips, thoughts?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What is your cash budget for this? I'm seeing $2,920 pp for a business fare on Korean with a stop in ICN.

Last edited by LondonElite; Jan 21, 2017 at 3:13 am
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:40 am
Original Poster

We don't have a set budget. JUst looking at the best prices using promos etc
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It's always difficult to predict when sales will pop up, but I doubt you're going to see anything significantly cheaper over the Christmas holidays. As others have said, 100,000 point will get you one business class seat, but whether you can combine that flight with four paid tickets at good value on the same flight is something to consider.

I think the idea of signing up for lots of credit cards and getting bonuses is not likely to work for you. Unless you are about to spend a lot of money anyway, it's unlikely you'll get another 400,000 or so points in time to redeem them for Christmas, which is a very busy time when everyone is trying to get reward seats. Even at the best of times, five premium seats TPAC is a challenge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.