Wiki Posts
Search

Site for cheap air tix CDG-FRA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
Site for cheap air tix CDG-FRA

I am looking for specific fly from CDG-FRA one way... what is the the site to search for a cheap fly between Europe ?

Search the internet show ~120e....
Thank you
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Take the train?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Time vs cost ?

I did look at train, but here:
http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Paris-CDG-...nkfurt-am-Main

fly ~ 2 hrs, ~50e.
train~ 5+ hrs, ~100e.

If there is comparable , I will take it.

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Take the train?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I'm a little confused, is the air ticket €50 or €120? Either seems fine to me, but check for yourself on Google Flights or Kayak.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Thank you...:-:

I search ITA matrix, look like ~160us for specific date, and 30 days out is at us67 but it is fine ... I will keep looking then .

D

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I'm a little confused, is the air ticket €50 or €120? Either seems fine to me, but check for yourself on Google Flights or Kayak.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Honestly I would pay 250$ to avoid a flight out of CDG. The under 4 hour train ride on an ICE (no transfers) ride happens a few times a day is the way to go in my mind. It's a nice ride and great way to see the countrysides. I like to start off in the dining car having a late lunch and talk/drinks with a few other travelers and then move to a quiet seat for the last half for some relaxation.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:45 pm
esp
Suspended

Originally Posted by ccna101
train~ 5+ hrs, ~100e.
5+ hours? No, it's around 3h50 with the ICE from Paris Est to Frankfurt Main Station. I find that more convenient than going CDG->FRA.

As for pricing: Yeah, if you're unlucky, it can be a hundred. But that's on the high end. Maybe try booking through another site (try both sncf and bahn.de sites).
Old Jun 17, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I did a few random searches on the Bahn website and found advanced purchase tickets for 40 euro to 70 euro with the higher end in 1st class.

Originally Posted by esp
5+ hours? No, it's around 3h50 with the ICE from Paris Est to Frankfurt Main Station. I find that more convenient than going CDG->FRA.

As for pricing: Yeah, if you're unlucky, it can be a hundred. But that's on the high end. Maybe try booking through another site (try both sncf and bahn.de sites).
Old Jun 18, 2016, 12:04 am
Original Poster

I feel so frustrate ! make a 3 sample itinerary from CDG to FRA, all tell me that they can not book ---

Take a break and try again ?
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
I did a few random searches on the Bahn website and found advanced purchase tickets for 40 euro to 70 euro with the higher end in 1st class.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 18, 2016, 12:16 am

Try pricing out of Paris Est stations instead of Gurd de Nord. They're not far apart. The local rail segment is probably causing the hiccup.

Originally Posted by ccna101
I feel so frustrate ! make a 3 sample itinerary from CDG to FRA, all tell me that they can not book ---

Take a break and try again ?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
You will not find anything cheap and convenient anymore. Not for travel on July 11 - you ARE aware that this is the day after the Euro 2016 football tournament finale where tens or hundreds of thousands of fans want to leave Paris and go home? That's why OP is seeing these high prices!
The advance fare saver buckets for the convenient options have been sold out for months, for both flights and trains.
Be prepared to pay those 120 Euros for the train or 160 for a nonstop LH flight if you have to go that day. And don't wait too long - if the Germans advance in the tournament that's going to generate even more demand and prices will go up further.

Tip if you decide to go by train if you find the direct ICEs too expensive:
It is vastly nicer and preferred to leave CDG on a TGV at the TGV station and connect in Strasbourg, especially if you have more than one piece of checked baggage or a large suitcase/roller bag. Don't take the RER to Gare du Nord and then walk the 700 meters over to Gare de'l Est (where the trains to Germany leave) if you can avoid it.
The RER network is not designed to work with baggage at all. There's very narrow automated turnstile gates where you will have to pass through validating your ticket (designed to deter fare dodgers) which are a pain to use with luggage. With two heavy bags and a large dog, I had to use the non-automated handicapped gate and wait for almost half an hour (!!!!!) for it to be opened by staff at CDG. This is 'normal' there.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
You'd suggested Uber in one of your other threads related to this trip. Give that a shot instead.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

yes- euro 2016 cup !

I somewhat know about the 10th is where it end-but you nail it -

I do not have luggage and will explore uber or anything to get me there .
I am looking at your option now ...

Originally Posted by bhomburg
You will not find anything cheap and convenient anymore. Not for travel on July 11 - you ARE aware that this is the day after the Euro 2016 football tournament finale where tens or hundreds of thousands of fans want to leave Paris and go home? That's why OP is seeing these high prices!
The advance fare saver buckets for the convenient options have been sold out for months, for both flights and trains.
Be prepared to pay those 120 Euros for the train or 160 for a nonstop LH flight if you have to go that day. And don't wait too long - if the Germans advance in the tournament that's going to generate even more demand and prices will go up further.

Tip if you decide to go by train if you find the direct ICEs too expensive:
It is vastly nicer and preferred to leave CDG on a TGV at the TGV station and connect in Strasbourg, especially if you have more than one piece of checked baggage or a large suitcase/roller bag. Don't take the RER to Gare du Nord and then walk the 700 meters over to Gare de'l Est (where the trains to Germany leave) if you can avoid it.
The RER network is not designed to work with baggage at all. There's very narrow automated turnstile gates where you will have to pass through validating your ticket (designed to deter fare dodgers) which are a pain to use with luggage. With two heavy bags and a large dog, I had to use the non-automated handicapped gate and wait for almost half an hour (!!!!!) for it to be opened by staff at CDG. This is 'normal' there.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
On bahn.de, I see prices of 89 or 99 Euro from Paris Est to Frankfurt Hbf on 11 July. About 4 hours for the trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.