Wiki Posts
Search

Ideas for a luxury vacation sought, both air and lodging

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
Ideas for a luxury vacation sought, both air and lodging

I want to get some ideas for a luxury vacation within the next year but with no specific destination in mind. I want to experience some of the finer first class cabins and hotels likely Asia or Europe. What would be the appropriate forum to ask?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by DLSIZE
I want to get some ideas for a luxury vacation within the next year but with no specific destination in mind. I want to experience some of the finer first class cabins and hotels likely Asia or Europe. What would be the appropriate forum to ask?
If you are using points/miles for the booking, probably best to post in the forum for that particular program. If using generic points (Amex, Chase UR, etc), there are forums for those as well.

If you have some general idea of where you would like to visit (Europe, Asia, South America, etc), then the destinations forums might be a good spot to start.

If all else fails, there is always the Information Desk forum.

Good luck.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:23 am
Community Director Emerita

Have you been reading the Luxury Hotel forum? It's a wonderful resource on FlyerTalk for those who can travel at that level.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 2:16 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Since you mention first class cabins and luxury hotels I am moving the thread to Information Desk. When you have decided where to go you might like to post in the Luxury Hotel forum. Ditto for the choice of airline.

NewbieRunner
Co-moderator, CommunityBuzz
Old Jun 12, 2016, 5:26 pm
Community Director Emerita

I already mentioned the Luxury Hotel forum for all properties aspirational. I see you have top status in at least two hotel chains. Should you want to mix points redemption with money, here's a great thread that discusses top chain hotels around the world.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...ons-world.html
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:16 am

Emirates business class to maldives or seychelles would be super high on my list.
Conrad Rangali in Maldives is simply amazing!!

This ranks as my favorite vacation of all time
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:43 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by DLSIZE
Look at the "premium fare deals" board in the Mileage Run section and see if you can grab a good fare to South Africa, then stay in one of the high-end safari lodges in the Sabi Sand reserve next to Kruger National Park. Go in August or September for the best wildlife viewing (winter/dry/cool season, no bugs). http://www.sabi-sands.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.