Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Access Changi Airport Silver Kris Business Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 2:24 am
Original Poster

This is my first business class trip with Singapore Airlines flying from Melbourne to Singapore, layover in Changi overnight for 10 hours, then fly to Tokyo business class with ANA. To my understanding ANA is their Star Alliance carrier, my question is during my layover time in Changi, am I entitle to access "Silver Kris Business Lounge", if yes, can I go to anyone in T2 or T3 regardless which terminal my outbound flight will be. Is it acceptable to sleep thru the night there?
Old May 2, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA,BA
Member since 2011 and this is your first post? What have you done for 5 years?

Sorry for going off but a simple search through these pages, as well as ANA's website, could have given you the answer. Yes, you are entitled to access, and yes, you can use any of the lounges. Since you have an overnight, you can head to one of the very cheap, yet nice and comfortable transit hotels.
Old May 2, 2016, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
The lounge is open 24 hours but I'm not sure what they would do if you are using it to sleep.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are short stay airside transit hotels at SIN
http://www.changiairport.com/en/airp...it-hotels.html
Old May 3, 2016, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

First of all I would like to thank you everyone for your input.
I have heard so many good things about Singapore Airlines and their lounges in Changi Airport, so I want to maximize my stay in the lounge and enjoy every moment there rather than staying in the transit hotels which is nothing special to me. I am hoping someone who have stayed in the lounge overnight in the past will share their experience and give me a heads up what to expect. From my research, I have read the staff will provide pillow and blanket. From the pictures their chairs look comfortable but all single chairs and I don't see any foot rest. But exactly what's like I don't know. Keep my finger cross if there will be more responses about it.
I have found that this forum is quite advanced and a bit intimidated to post any thread, however I have gained so much knowledge by just reading the forum in the past years. Appreciated everyone being so generous with their time and willing to share.
Old May 6, 2016, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The Silver Kris lounges in T2 and T3 are open overnight, but I would discourage you from sleeping there, unless you are on a tight budget and either can't afford a hotel or really don't want to spend the money. It's not really very classy to plop yourself on a sofa or to build a bed out of two seats, even if they don't kick you out for it. It's also not very private, and how do you feel about leaving your hand luggage unguarded. The lounge itself is nice, but when you are sleeping, any bed+mattress in your pyjamas is more comfortable than sleeping in your clothes on a sofa that has had hundreds of other butts where you face is. If you want to experience the lounge then go there after your flight for a drink and a meal, then go to a hotel, and wake up early in time for breakfast in the lounge.
Old May 6, 2016, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
It's not really very classy to plop yourself on a sofa
While I completely agree, it's worth noting that this ranks at the very bottom of the 'least classy' list for that group of lounges. Some of the things I'm used to seeing in there would make grown, civilised people weep. Comparatively I don't think most people would bat an eyelid if someone was sleeping in there.

Your hand luggage will be safe. I've left mine many times for up to 4 hours without issue. For a 10 hour layover, though, get a hotel - it's just more comfortable.
Old May 6, 2016, 9:06 pm

I personally wouldn't sleep overnight in either Silver Kris lounges. The lights are too bright.
Old May 6, 2016, 10:39 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
IMHO ten hours spent in ANY business lounge is ten hours wasted. And there is not much to "maximise" in Silver Kris Business lounge anyway. OP should listen and head to transit hotel for at least some time...
Old May 6, 2016, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kafei
This is my first business class trip with Singapore Airlines flying from Melbourne to Singapore, layover in Changi overnight for 10 hours, then fly to Tokyo business class with ANA. To my understanding ANA is their Star Alliance carrier, my question is during my layover time in Changi, am I entitle to access "Silver Kris Business Lounge", if yes, can I go to anyone in T2 or T3 regardless which terminal my outbound flight will be. Is it acceptable to sleep thru the night there?
sometimes they have nap room with extr charge but maximum is 6 hours there
Old May 6, 2016, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Before the T2 lounge at SIN was renovated, it had a bunch of nap cubicles in the first class section. There were perhaps about eight of them off of a private little hallway, each with a sort of lounger/daybed, but there was no way to lock them and you would obviously hear the snoring of other people. IIRC the lounge provided small pillows and throw blankets, but not real bedding.
Old May 7, 2016, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
The lounge is open 24 hours but I'm not sure what they would do if you are using it to sleep.
They will bring you blankets and pillows so you can sleep on the couches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.