URGENT: Problem with Air Maroc Timetable Change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.

Hi everybody!
It has been a while since the last time I've posted here on FT.

I'm going to explain my big, big issue:

On 24/3 I've a VCE19:55 - 22:25 CMN 23:00 - RAK 23:55 flight with Royal Air Maroc, booked in January; initially the timetable was 19:55-22:25-23:40-00:35, then 5 days ago RAM decided to change its timetable giving me just 35 minutes for my connection in CMN.

Today I had a call from an unknown number which (in french) was informing me about the fact that RAM changed its timetable and that probably I will not have enough time to connect to my 2nd leg since the connecting flight is just 35 minutes.

Immediatly I tried to call back the RAM customer service where a representative reported me that 35 minutes would have been enough to connect in CMN.

5 minutes ago I tried to give a 2nd call in order to get a confirmation and
the RAM representative reported me that 35 minutes are very risky for a connection in CMN and he told me that i should amend my flight to the 26th (2 days later) because they don't operate any flight from VCE on 25/3 or I could leave the reservation as it is, but in case of misconnection they will not re-protect me as well as they will not take charge of any hotel expense because their policies don't allow them to do this.

Is that fair?
is a common practice for RAM to behave in this way?
What you suggest me to do? I need to be in RAK on the 24/3, maximum on the 25/3 in order to guarantee my presence at an important meeting but actually I'm stuck in the middle of a mess and I don't know what would be better to do.
I hope to get your advices asap. Many thanks
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can you fly VCE-CMN on day earlier to get to RAK at about the same time as your current ticket? If it's important that you arrive for a meeting, 35 minutes sounds too risky regardless of who pays in the event that you miss the connection. However, it would be useful for you to find out what the MCT really is.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I have no idea what Air Maroc's policies are, but this sounds to me like something to take up with your travel insurance provider. They should either sort you out a new ticket or cover your hotel costs (not that this will help to get you there quicker).
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can you fly VCE-CMN on day earlier to get to RAK at about the same time as your current ticket?
That would almost certainly invalidate the remainder of the current booked ticket, including, I assume, the return.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LondonElite
That would almost certainly invalidate the remainder of the current booked ticket, including, I assume, the return.
NO, I mean asking Air Maroc or whoever is rebooking the ticket to do it this way rather than to set things up so that the OP arrives two days later. I'm not suggesting that the OP purchase a new ticket for this segment and skip the one on the current ticket.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Can you fly VCE-CMN on day earlier to get to RAK at about the same time as your current ticket? If it's important that you arrive for a meeting, 35 minutes sounds too risky regardless of who pays in the event that you miss the connection. However, it would be useful for you to find out what the MCT really is.
There's no flight earlier on 24th from VCE.
The MCT (suggested by RAM) is 60 min.

Is there a way to force RAM to reprotect on other airlnes? or any other way to manage it (e.g. an aircraft-to-aircraft direct transfer arranged in advance by RAM would be useful).
It's incredible that few days before departure they give no choice and litterally f*** you in this way....
I'm furious...Furthermore because the customer service is unpolite and unprofessional.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:53 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

What an irritating situation. My only suggestion is to ask RAM if they are willing to rebook you on Iberia. IB has space on 24 March via MAD but the VCE-MAD is a morning flight, leaving much earlier than you originally planned.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Luckily the return ticket has been bought separately(basically a oneway+oneway)
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
Luckily the return ticket has been bought separately(basically a oneway+oneway)
Will they just refund the outbound ticket and let you book what you want on other carriers? It might be more expensive, but if your meeting is important.......
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Can you fly VCE-CMN on 23/3 and spend the night in CMN? Yes, it would cost you a hotel in CMN but you would have the peace of mind of definitely making your flight to RAK on the 24th. Plus you get a day in Casablanca, which could be cool.

Last edited by Finkface; Mar 21, 2016 at 3:13 pm Reason: Corrected airport code
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

No flights on 23/3. And to pay > 500€ ow is unacceptable since they changed the timetable just few days in advance...s there a way to manage this, forcing RAM to re-protect me?

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Mar 21, 2016 at 3:14 pm
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

and strangely matrix still reports the flight at 23:40
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:16 pm
Suspended

NO, I mean asking Air Maroc or whoever is rebooking the ticket to do it this way rather than to set things up so that the OP arrives two days later. I'm not suggesting that the OP purchase a new ticket for this segment and skip the one on the current ticket.
Ah, got it.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
No flights on 23/3. And to pay > 500€ ow is unacceptable since they changed the timetable just few days in advance...s there a way to manage this, forcing RAM to re-protect me?
Well it's definitely inconvenient but you could go VCE-CMN on 22/3. Yes, 2 days in Casablanca but if that's the only thing they will do for you and/or you don't want to cancel and re-book with someone else and the meeting is that important, it might be the only option. Better to leave 2 days early than to arrive 2 days late? I know it isn't ideal but if they won't do anything else to help you, then it may be your only option to make your meeting other than paying for an alternative flight yourself. Get them to put you on the morning flight CMN-RAK on 24/3.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Does this fall under EU 261 protection? I don't remember the details about when an airline has to tell you about a change but you might fall into a condition where they have to either pay you for the delay or cover your costs for a hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.